Cluster of Bubbles [1]

Not Her | Elroy

I stared blankly at the big white box in front of me as everyone besides me mourns to the death of the young lady of the Coventry family. I took a glance at a certain white haired lady that has been kneeling right besides the coffin.

I knew it, marchioness Hestia do love her as if she's her own daughter.

I walked out of the church as I finished paying my respect to the Coventry family.

What's the point now? Why have I been making myself a better crown prince lately?

Right, it was to impress her and make her fall for me.

So what's the point now that she's already gone?

I don't know if I have a reason to continue anymore.

"How pitiful, you didn't even get the chance to tell her how you feel."

"Who's there?!" I scanned my sorroundings to find no one in particular around me. What the???

"Haha, silly boy, save your energy. Instead, how about I give you another chance? I'm sure you'll meet her again. Not in the same way as this life though hehe."

With that, everything went black.

The moment I opened my eyes, I can see my personal maid preparing a fresh bucket of water for me to wash my face.

Wait... Why is she weirdly looks... Younger?

"Oh my, did I woke you up, prince Elroy?" Even her voice sounds younger!

I sat up and looked at my sorroundings before being shocked by the sight of a pair of tiny hands.

Ah. That god or whatever that person was... she reversed the time.

Which means... I have the chance to save Morana.

• • •

I purposely attended to Morana's 5th birthday party and became friends with her way earlier and closer than we were supposed to be.

Yet, I still feel empty.

Morana... No, Luna. They're not the same.

I know every little habit and movements that Morana would do, yet Luna doesn't do anything as such.

Luna's not shy, she's learning swordsmanship, she bites her nails when she's frustrated instead of rubbing her temples, and she has perfect etiquette.

She's nothing like Morana.

Confused by all of this, at last I've gathered the courage to ask her about the truth.

"Luna... Who exactly are you?"

"Hm? What do you mean, Roy?"

"You're... Not the real Morana Lunaria van Coventry. Am I right?" Silence filled the air between us. She stared at me, as if she was scanning about the situation she were in. Then she closed her eyes before staring back right into my eyes.

"... And you're from the future. Am I right? Crown prince Elroy Citrine Jadeite?"

. . .

What...?

"H-how--"

"It was obvious." She curtly smiled at me as she took a sip of her tea. "Why else would you be at Morana's birthday party that day? Your first meet supposed to be at the academy."