Chapter 14 : Confrontation

Today is the last day of the orientation week for the first graders. To celebrate it, the academy always holds a banquet on the night of the last day.

"Which dress should I wear today, Rana?"

"Hmm... You've worn this one recently so... Maybe this purple dress?"

The situation with Cade Arcelia haven't been setled yet, since there's no proof of Cade doing a any bad deeds. Why did he infiltrated the academy itself is not even clear. Maybe because he's from a poor family and can't afford getting the academy?

That can't be, the academy would gladly take in someone that can pull off hipnotizing the entire school, so there's no use for him to go through all of that trouble. There must be another motive to why he's here.

For now, I should focus on today's banquet first, I wouldn't want to accidentally step on someone's foot while I'm dancing, especially Elroy's and Luca's.

"So, who're you going to ask for your third dance?" Myrtle asked me as she starts choosing some accessories.

In this world, each single bachelor and bachelorette are required to dance at least 2 times in a banquet. There are 7 rounds of the dance.

The first dance is the dance between the princes and their fiance or woman of their choices. Of course I'll be dancing with Elroy since I'm the closest girl friend he had.

The second round would be a dance between families. Whether it's your own sibling, your cousin, or your relative from another country, as long as you dance with someone who have a blood connection with you.

The third round would be the dance between lovers and the fourth and fifth round is dance between the single bachelors and bachelorettes that's searching for their future partner. The rest is a free rounds.

"Third dance huh... I don't think I would want to dance for three times today..."

Last year, I danced with Elroy, my cousin, and Seth, but it was really exhausting. Not to mention, I'm not really good nor do I like dancing. I would rather have a spar with Columbi all day rather than dancing for a few minutes.

"How about you Myr?"

"Rather than the boys, I would want to dance with you more, Rana~"

"Haha, too bad this is not a casual banquet huh?"

"Come here, Rana! Let me do your hair, hehe!" Myrtle pulled me to sit in front of the dresser and I chuckled because of her excitement.

• • •

Knock knock!

"Come in." I replied to the knocking sounds as I put down the book that I was reading and starts to stand up.

"Luna, sorry to make you wait." Elroy appeared with a guilty smile.

I smiled back to ensure him, "It's okay. I enjoyed my time alone rather than arriving earlier at the banquet anyway."

"Haha, you never changed huh?" He offered his hand to me and I gladly accepted it.

"Hm? Is there something wrong, Roy?" I asked the smiling boy as he took his time to just stare at me for a few seconds.

He shook his head and smiled evem more, "You really do look prettier than you already are, at times like this." I blushed a little to his sudden comment and laughed, "Haha, what is it so suddenly? You're a crown prince, you should be careful with your words around girls."