twelve

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝘁𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝
❕ᴄᴡ: ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴀɢᴇ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ / ꜱʟɪɢʜᴛ ɴꜱꜰᴡ❕

The next day was unbearably traumatic.

It had gone by in a blur.

From Himiko's magic show, to Ryoma being discovered, through the investigation and class trial.

Shuichi stayed strong. He stayed as strong as he could.

But, there was someone who- rather confusingly- wasn't taking the execution of Kirumi so well.

Kokichi laid face down on his bed, scrunching the sheets with tight fists. He hadn't come out of his room since the execution, and nobody had seen him around.

His pillow was damp with the tears that leaked from his eyes. He made no noise, no movements, no reaction other than crying silently into the pillow below him. And he knew the reason. Kirumi was the closest thing to mom. In fact, Kokichi even called Kirumi mom. Only ironically, of course, but he still felt that connection to motherly figures with long skirts.

It had made the whole killing game harder for Kokichi. After Shuichi, Kirumi was one of the last people Kokichi wanted to die. Kokichi didn't want Shuichi to die because, well, he was his detective. And you can't have a criminal without a detective to liven up the party.

Kiibo was another person- robot- that Kokichi didn't want to lose. He would never admit it, though. Kiibo was the closest thing Kokichi had to a friend, and even though the shorter boy bullied the robot relentlessly, they'd had heartwarming and comforting conversations in the past.

Kokichi's painful thoughts were interrupting by a faint knocking on his door.

"Kokichi?"

Kokichi went into full blown panic mode. He pushed his head up, staring with wide eyes aimlessly at the headboard.

Shit.

He jumped off his bed and rushed to the desk, where he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His hair was messy and his eyes were red. Not good. He quickly grabbed a brush off the desk and ran it through his knotty hair, before wiping his face with his hands to remove any remnants of tears.

"Kokichi?" The voice came again.

Kokichi took a deep breath, made a 'happy' wide smile at himself in the mirror, and trudged over to the door, and swung it open.

"Shuichi! Hi!" He beamed.
"Uh- hi?" Shuichi stared at Kokichi, taken aback by his sudden appearance.
"What's up? I'm super busy now- so if you come back tomorrow I'll be happy to-"
"Your eyes are red. Are you alright?"

Kokichi's smile faltered a little. But he kept his positive demeanour on show.

"Yep, I just did a ton of drugs. That's all."
"I could tell that was a lie from a mile away." Shuichi folded his arms.
"Alright, alright. I'm just tired is all. Now what's up? I really should get back to doing my copious amounts of drugs."
"Uhm... Kaito wanted you to come to the dining room. We are having a little get together, of sorts, I was told to uh... invite you?"
"Kaito? Inviting me? Damn, that's unheard of!"
"Personally, I don't know why he bothered. But, are you coming?"

He ignored Shuichi's words. Kokichi took a moment to weigh the good and bad. Good; it would help take his mind off things. Bad; he was hated by everyone, he needed time to be alone, he wasn't in a great state physically, with his red eyes and all.

But, even though the bads outweighed the goods, Kokichi was Kokichi, and he had a reputation to maintain.

"Sure! Why not?"