eighteen

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful. It wasn't that Shuichi minded, just being in Kokichi's company was enough to please him. They'd laughed and joked, smiled and laughed, something that they hadn't done in a while, something that Shuichi absolutely adored.

It felt like old times again. If you could class the beginning of the game as 'old times'.

It was how it was before the first trial, just better. Albeit a little more confusing, this time about their relationship instead of Shuichi's feelings. He had pretty much decided that he had a bit of a crush on Kokichi, no, scratch that. He had a full blown crush on him.

But like the moments before the first kill, it seemed too good. Which it turned out, it was. Life was finally starting to pick up, but it all came crashing down. Because that morning, Angie was found dead in her laboratory.

It seemed like she had died trying to resurrect the dead, but there was so much suspicion surrounding the death. So many odd circumstances. Kokichi watched Shuichi as he thoroughly investigated, his concentrated face amusing the shorter boy. It was pretty cute, he thought.

The seance was held, and yet another murder. Even more confusion, suspicion, and a very, very traumatised Himiko. She had lost both of her best friends in the span of an hour, and suspicion was falling upon her.

But, as always, the Ultimate Detective revealed the truth during the class trial.

And everyone had to admit that it was the strangest class trial yet.

——— ☆ • ♧ • :🃏: • ♧ • ☆ ———

"In love with his sister. Fuckin' weirdo. I knew that guy was crazy. Gave me the willies from the start, I'm tellin' ya." Miu shivered as the students exited the elevator and back out into the dark evening.

Kiibo was the most confused of them all. His robotic brain had not yet come across the concept of... those kinds of... 'relationships'.
"It's so... strange! So unbelievably strange!"
"That's rich, coming from the guy who looks like he just stepped out of a sci-fi movie"
"Being a robot and being attracted to your sister are two things that should not be compared, Kokichi." Kiibo shook his head.

Gonta nodded his head as he held poor Himiko over his shoulder, the tiny girl completely worn down both emotionally and physically. Shuichi felt awful for her. Everyone did. Even Kokichi, though he didn't say anything.

"You couldn't pay me to do that sort of shit with any family member. And I'd do a lot of shit for money, I'm tellin' you that now. Doing the nasty or even thinkin' about doing the nasty with your family members is totally creepy." Miu scrunched up her face in disgust.
"I don't know, dickface. You seem like you'd be into that 'oh step-bro! I'm stuck in the dryer!' kind of stuff."
"Ew you ugly freak! I'm not that kinky. Even I have morals." Miu stuck her tongue out at Kokichi, who only laughed at her.

Shuichi shook his head. Miu and Kokichi always bullied each other, whether it was banter or just an expression of their hatred for one another. It was such an unusual sight, that Shuichi couldn't tell if they actually liked each other or not.

"I bet you're into role play. 'Oh mister... police man! Tie me up and spank me!'" Miu mocked Kokichi. She was careful to replace 'detective' with 'police man'. For classified reasons.