epilogue

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

"Extraction complete."

Shuichi's eyes shot wide open with a gasp. He immediately screwed then shut tight as the bright light of the room around him infiltrated his mind, hazy as it was. He tried to bring a hand up to cover his eyes, but he felt a soft tugging at his wrist.

"Please do not move your arm." A woman's voice came from behind him. He heard her place something down and her footsteps walk over to the front of him.

Slowly but surely, Shuichi opened his eyes. The bright light that burnt his retina was simply a dim lamp from the ceiling. It was strange. It felt like he'd been submerged in darkness for the last few weeks.

He squinted and became accustomed to the light, just as he came to. The room around him slowly became clearer. A table to his side held a futuristic-looking VR headset, and beside it was a small bag with what seemed to be a microchip.

He was sat in a cushioned chair, and as he looked to his other side, he saw an IV pushed into his wrist. So, that's what held him down. A woman stood before him with a clipboard in her arms, lilac tinted hair, with a plait hanging loosely at the side.

Shuichi could swear he recognised her, but he couldn't quite put a finger on it.

"Congratulations," she spoke, "for surviving the fifty-third season of Danganronpa. As a reward for surviving the game, you will be gifted a large sum of cash. Though, you already signed the contract. Your money will be in your home when you return."

Shuichi glanced around him. "Sorry, but... where am I? And what am I doing here?"
"Ah." She sighed. "Well, you have just exited the famous TV show Danganronpa. I'm sure you'll remember what it is when you come around later on. Give it a few days rest and your memory should be back to normal."

The woman stepped back and gazed over her clipboard.

"Now, Shuichi Saihara. Nineteen, born September seventh. Student at Sendai University, studying criminology and law. Living conditions; single bed terraced home. Relative of immediate contact in case of emergency; Toshiro Saihara, participant's uncle. Inserted into Danganronpa simulation and implanted with chip on tenth of September, released from simulation and microchip removal on October ninth. Agreed to all terms and conditions, memory wiped." She repeated, as though she'd done it many times before.
Shuichi didn't know what to say. He had no idea what she was talking about.

"Now, Saihara, in the case that you feel any psychological or physical damage, you are to call the number we have put in your phone. Treatment is free if you need it." She handed him a phone, which he took with his free hand.
"Excuse me, why would I need treatment?" He asked, looking over the phone.
"In case of any reoccurring memory flashes. We have had a couple in the past, but other than that, the majority of participants leave the simulation with no memory of what went down inside. You are advised not to rewatch what happened during your stay, but most people do it anyway."

"Oh." Shuichi looked back up at the woman. "Pardon, do I know you?" He asked.
"My name is Kyoko Kirigiri. Shirogane would usually be the one to greet you, but she has only just exited the program herself." She nodded. The name Kyoko rang a bell in Shuichi's mind, but he couldn't quite remember just yet.

"I see."
"We will get that IV removed in a couple of minutes. First, I must assure you now, that any... intimate moments captured within the show will be cut. Our participants' sexual privacy is of upmost importance, so do not fret in case of any memory flashes about certain intimate activities."
"Uh... okay?" Shuichi mumbled. What sort of intimate activities was she talking about? He had no clue.
"Now, I'll bring the doctor in to remove that IV, and we will set you on your way. Thank you for participating in Danganronpa; Killing Harmony."