Epilogue- Kennedy

Chapter Song: Forever- Chelsea Cutler

1 year later.

"Okay, I'll see you next week." I smiled at Jean before walking out the door.

"Have a good week, Kennedy."

I had been seeing my therapist consistently since I got back last year. She'd been a lot of help, and while it was scary I was so glad I went.

It was good to get professional help. And to have so many supportive people behind me. Luckily while I spent the summer in Chicago we had our sessions over Zoom.

The summer was fun. It was needed. I felt like a kid again. Cal did get accepted into the internship, and Hayden let the two of us stay with him. It was good to have quality time with Hayden again.

When he was busy, Cal and I found ourselves exploring the city and falling in love with it. We joked about moving there. Part of me thought he was serious, and I didn't think I would hate the idea.

Liam, Riley, Natalie, Ty, and Mason flew out for Fourth of July. Natalie brought her girlfriend Alana too. Mason even mentioned how he started seeing someone but it was relatively new.

Ty was still being Ty. I had to admire it. He was truly himself and had other things to prioritize.

Like finally convincing me to coach our high school's swim team with him. It didn't take much honestly. I had come to check out the team more often and continued to give them tips. I even went to meets to get more photos for my portfolio. Finally I just gave in and accepted.

I was excited for this season. To be able to help other swimmers. To help them in a way that I know how. Something that I loved doing at one point. Even if I fell out of love with it, I started to fall for it again.

When I pulled into the parking lot I checked my phone. There was only one text from my dad asking about dinner this week.

We either had weekly dinners or Pancake Sundays. Sometimes we had both. Him and Tish recently received their two foster children, so it made our family meals more fun. Liam and Riley also joined us. Cal usually did when he wasn't busy. Sometimes even his mom came.

Those dinners or Sundays were my favorite. They gave me something to look forward to. And even though I would randomly cry leaving because how much I wish Livi was there, I knew she would have loved it. She probably would also tell me to stop crying. Or beg Cal to stay longer.

And when I would have a hard time Cal was there to hold my hand. Sometimes we'd mourn together. But that's how it worked sometimes. There were the good days and bad days, but there was always him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, out of retirement, Kennedy Parker!" Mason yelled across the pool as the doors shut behind me.

I laughed and bowed and played it off as if there were paparazzi. Riley and Natalie pretended to hold cameras and interview me.

Since Ty and I were the coaches we had keys to the pool. I owed him a race after he took his team to state last season. I was a woman of my word.

The team was on the bleachers anxiously waiting for us to race. They practiced while I had therapy. Ty knew about it, and let me miss practice on occasion. Usually I was late or we'd start practice later. But there were days where I'd miss if it was a heavy day.

Liam also brought the lacrosse team. It was the annual practice with them. I couldn't help but laugh at how we used to do it in high school. We'd place bets and everything. I missed those days sometimes.

"Ready to get your ass kicked KP?" Ty smirked at me putting on his goggles.

"In your dreams, Anderson," I smirked stepping onto the block.