Chapter 37

Please let me know if you like the story by leaving votes and comments. Thanks! A.L. 

Blakely went to class so she wouldn't be late and to let the teacher know I went home sick. I stood right inside the restroom with the door pried open a little so I could watch Gavin walk down the hall. About ten minutes later, I saw Gavin turn the corner and head my way. 

"Chelsi, are you ready to go?" He asked, looking around to make sure no teachers were in the hall. 

"Yeah." I walked out of the restroom. 

"I told them I was taking you home because you were sick in the bathroom. Let's get out of here." He turned to start walking back toward the entrance to the school. "Now, when we pass the office, you need to look sickly." 

"Sickly?" 

"Yeah. Remember, you're supposed to be sick." 

I started walking close to Gavin with my head down so my hair would hide most of my face when we passed by the office. "Let me know when we are past the office so I can raise my head to see where I'm going," I said. 

"Keep your head down for a few more steps." He put his arm around me, pulling me closer to his chest. I closed my eyes briefly, breathing in the cedarwood and lavender. "Okay, you raise your head." 

I opened my eyes, and we were outside the school. I saw my car, parked next to Blakely's, across the parking lot. But then, that's when I saw Easton's car parked toward the back of the parking lot next to Savannah's red convertible. I wanted to go take a key to her shiny red car, but I knew there were cameras pointed toward the parking lot. 

"What's wrong?" Gavin asked, trying to see what I was staring at. 

"Nothing." 

"How about we take my SUV since you're supposed to be sick." He let out a couple of fake coughs and laughed. 

"Okay. Where are we going?" 

"My house." He smiled. "By the way, how's your hand slugger?" He smirked, unlocking the car. 

I opened the passenger side door, slid down in the seat, and closed the door. I grabbed my right hand and pulled it close to me. 

"Yeah, it's going to sting for a while. I'll get you some ice for it when we get to the house. He deserved that smack across the face, though. Don't buy into his lies, Chelsi." Gavin peeked over at me. 

"I can't believe I thought he actually liked me." I sighed. 

"I think he does like you, but he's a player. You don't need that. You're better than Aaron and Easton." 

"Apparently, I'm not if they keep wanting other girls." I looked out the passenger window, trying to hide my face from Gavin. 

"Those two are douchebags that don't deserve you. They have the problem, not you." 

Gavin pulled in front of a big iron gate with a keypad facing the driver's side window. He typed in five numbers, and the gates opened up slowly. He put his window back up and started to drive through when the gates were almost all the way open. He hit a button on his rearview mirror, and the gates began to close once we were clear of them. I always knew Gavin was rich, but I didn't remember his family being this rich. 

"Gavin, this your new house?" I said, looking at the mansion off in the short distance. 

"Yeah, Dad moved up in the company after we moved away a few years ago." He said it as if it was no big deal.