Chapter 8

We arrived before anyone else, like Avery, wanted us to. Avery's house was the size of a mansion. Avery was wearing a pale blue and white print, off-the-shoulder dress. Her hair was curled, and her makeup was flawless.

"Wow, Chelsi! You look amazing! I love the dress." Avery said, walking down into the living room. It looked like she had Jeremy push some of the furniture back to make more room for people. Avery's parties were huge and sometimes got out of hand.

We were there for almost fifteen minutes when Avery noticed Blakely's white floral dress. I don't see how she missed the dress this whole time. It looked terrific against Blakely's chestnut complexion. She apologized for not saying something sooner. Blakely told her it wasn't a big deal and that she could make it up to her by getting her a drink. Avery came back with three wine coolers. 

Everyone she invited arrived all at once, making their way throughout the house. And some even ventured outside to the pool. I just wanted to go hide upstairs in Avery's room, away from everyone. I made my way through the crowds of kids, drinking and dancing. I glanced around, not seeing Blakely anywhere, and headed for the stairs. I had one foot on the bottom of the stairs when I heard the most annoying sound.

"Are you running off to hide away?" Emily said, walking up behind me.

I gritted my teeth, keeping my mouth closed, and turned around to face her. "What do you want, Emily? Shouldn't you be kissing Aaron's ass or something?"

"Are you jealous?" She smirked.

"Did you really think that comeback was going to bother me? Please..." I pushed past her and headed toward the basement stairs. I knew she wouldn't follow me down there. I got halfway down there, then stopped to turn around, glancing back up at the top of the stairs as different groups of kids kept walking back and forth past the doorway. At one point, I thought I saw Easton walk past with his arms around two girls, and I could've sworn one of them was Savannah. I honestly didn't see the attraction, but then again, I wasn't a guy either. I tiptoed back up the stairs, scanning around to see if Aaron and Emily were anywhere close. I made a mad dash outside to the pool, bumping into the one person I was trying to avoid.

"See, I knew you would come crawling back," Aaron said, turning around.

"I don't want you back. You've been drinking." 

"Hell Yeah! It's a damn party! Maybe you should have a drink, and then you wouldn't be such a bitch." He stepped closer to me.

"There you are, Chelsi! I've been looking everywhere for you!" A familiar voice called out off in the distance.

I turned around to see Easton looking hot as hell, wearing jeans, a charcoal grey button-down shirt that hugged his muscular arms, and black shoes. I couldn't make out what they were.

"What the hell do you want?" Aaron stepped out from behind me, moving closer to Easton. "I know you can't seriously be interested in Chelsi, so stop playing the part. Besides, didn't I see you with Savannah Cho a little bit ago? Now, you can have some fun with her."

I wasn't going to let Aaron have the satisfaction of knowing what he said bothered me. I tried peeking around Aaron to see Easton's reaction, but somehow, he managed to move each time I tried to look. I turned around and marched off, leaving them arguing by the pool. Kids were dancing on each side of the pool, making it hard to get back inside the house. I managed to shove my way through the crowds of dancing kids, making it to the glass patio doors. There were more kids drinking, dancing, and even making out inside. I turned to my left, heading for the basement door to find it locked. I could see Jeremy and his friends across the game room, playing video games, hollering, and drinking. I started pounding on the metal part of the door, trying to be careful and not hit the glass. I stood there for about five minutes, pounding on the door till my hand stung from slamming against the cold steel.