2. Prepare for the damn wedding!

To the fag end of the day, I received a call from father

To the fag end of the day, I received a call from father. "Come to the mansion at 6. And yes, just try to be presentable. Don't embarrass me".

I don't understand why it still hurts. I should be used to this, then why? I ignored the pain in my heart and thought of the possibility of meeting Kriya. A wave of serenity washed over and I smiled.

Deciding to do the rest of my work at home, I picked up all the files that were necessary. I may not be qualified to do the work, but I still give my hundred percent to it. I rushed home, changed into the best top I had, pairing it with the jeans. I could only tie my hair into a pony before I rushed to Father's place.

The mansion that is located in the rich part of the city and was so graceful to look at. I grew up in this place and ended up in that room. But may be that room is all I deserve. Father's family consisted of his wife Radha, his son Karthik and two daughters Kruthi and Kirthi.Where did I fit into the equation? Well I don't. I am just the other woman's daughter. In simple terms an illegitimate child. Unwanted and Unrequited!!

I should just thank my lucky stars that my Kirti did not hate me for the same. She became my sister, my friend and my sole confidant in my life. This place never gave me respect, but did I deserve it, is a better question!! After all I am a keep's daughter. How I wish I could change that identity. I sighed at my hopeless thoughts.

I knocked on the door, and was soon ushered into the living room by the maid. I looked at Father and his wife sitting on the couch, opposite to them were Kirti's in-laws, Mahesh and Uma. Her husband, Bhairav sat next to them holding to my ball of love, Kriya, their daughter. My lips automatically curved into a smile as I looked at her. God! Such a beautiful creation.

"Hello whore!" I heard the familiar voice of Kruthi. Whore's daughter actually! I looked over at the bar area to see Karthik and Kruthi, who were five and three years my senior, perched on the bar stools along with their spouses.

"Language baby! There is baby in the room," her husband drawled. I flinched. Kruthi's husband Somu, always scared me.

Karthik ignored me, while his wife nodded, i nodded back in acknowledgement and turned back to my father. Why did he call me?

"Eesha. Come on here, sit down," Uma Attayya patted the chair next to her. I looked back at my father, who was glaring at me already. Why was he glaring? Did I do anything wrong? God! I Hope not! What should I do? Go sit next to them? But I can't, can I? They are all a step... actually many steps above me.

"Eesha!" Uma Attayya's stern voice pierced the thick atmosphere. I could only put my head down in surrender and sit next to her. The glare on Father's face and the disgust on his wife's, put me at the edge of my seat.

"So, as I was saying, Eesha, it has been six months since my Kirthi has passed away and my entire family misses her presence". She stopped as she heard Radha ma'am sniff. "I definitely understand your pain Radha Gaaru, as Kirti has always been a daughter".