37. The reason for the worry

"Eesha, can you do me a favor?"

A favor? What could I possibly do for him?

"Right. Like I promised, we will not go to the hospital. But, I have a friend. She is a doctor. Can we please meet her? I promise she will keep it a secret. I really trust her. Let's not go to the hospital. Not even to our house. Let's go to a hotel. We can have some snacks and  book a room. That way everybody would think that it's a casual meet, if someone is following us, that is. Please trust me. I swear no one would come to know of this," he pleaded. Bhairav was actually pleading me!

I know I shouldn't agree to this. I know this will only cause me more pain. But how could I say no to him? How could I say no to that face? How can I say no when he is pleading?

So I agreed, inspite of myself.

Bhairav didn't waste time. He probably thought that I would change my mind. He rushed us to a restaurant, all the while texting on his phone. Was it the doctor? As we sat down  waiting for the 'doctor friend', he said, "if anybody asks, tell them I took you out to meet a friend".

I looked at him. He was trying to come up with excuses. But this excuse was only going to earn me a punishment. As soon as that thought came, I put my head down.

"That doesn't seem like a safe answer, right Eesha?" Bhairav whispered.

I am shocked at his ability to guess it right. I was about to shake my head in negative, but he smiled. "don't worry, we will come up with a safe excuse," he assured.

I felt bad. I felt bad for causing him so much trouble. He had to leave his work and..

"Hello, I came as fast as I could," I heard the new voice.

"Teju," Bhairav sounded relived. "This is Eesha. Eesha, this is Tejaswi, my friend". I nodded with smile, which she returned. After the brief introductions we moved to the room Bhairav had booked.

"I will wait in the balcony," Bhairav said moving out of the room.

Dr.Tejaswi gave me a soft look before handing me a patient gown. Now that it has come to this, I was starting to get scared. How much can I trust her? What if Father and Radha ma'am get to know? But.. one look at Bhairav, I got moving.

The doctor inspected my wounds. She had a poker face, not giving away anything. Neither did she talk. She silently cleaned the wounds and applied ointment on to it. Then she prescribed some medicines, and explained about when to take them. "It would be good, if you can apply the ointment on the wounds".

I nodded. I have healed even without any medication.

She smiled. "I know that look. You feel you would heal even without this, right? You will," she continued without waiting for my answer. "You will heal without any of these. But it will just be faster with the drugs and more comfortable. Uh.." she hesitated, but continued anyways. "Bhairav had requested that I don't talk about this. Honestly I wanted to be as impersonal as possible. But, looking at him..." She sighed as she pointed to Bhairav.