40. The reason behind the tears

Home was quiet

Home was quiet. Kriya had not come back yet. She probably is enjoying with her grandparents. Bhairav had dropped me home and had left for the office. Vimalamma, I was told, was on a Teerth Yatra. I wonder... Shh! Eesha, you know you should not question things. 

It was long boring day. I sat down to browse the ideas for the Christmas photoshoot. There were such cute photos, it melted my heart. My Kriya would look so, so beautiful in these. 

When evening came by, I prepared dinner for Bhairav.  Shyamalamma, had an early dinner and left to her quarters,  while I waited for him. 

"Hey'' he mumbled, as walked into  the house. He looked tired. I felt guilty. If the situation with me had not happened, he would have gone to the office these past two days. He did not have to over work today.

I nodded in response, took his laptop bag from him. 

"How was your day?" he asked.

Not as tiring as yours. "Good. hmmm.. yours?" 

"The usual," he mumbled lazily. "I will just freshen up, and then we will have dinner," with that he left the room.

I set the table and waited for him to come. 

"Where is your plate?" he asked, as he sat down on the dinning table.

"i... I ha..."

"Don't lie. I know you have not had your dinner," he started sternly. "Starting today, we are going to have dinner together, or I am just skipping it".

Oh No! what do I do? Should I really have dinner with him? But Radha Ma'am's orders? I looked at Bhairav, he looked so tired, it will be so unfair if he doesn't have dinner because of me. It is okay Eesha, you can deal with the punishments, but not let Bhairav starve.

So, I sat down to eat with him.

"Hmm.. I swear! I swear your hands have magic. If this is what I get at the end of the day, then all the hardwork is worth it". The satisfaction on his face, filled my heart. i just stared at him, as he enjoyed the food I prepared.

"Why are you not eating?" he asked, as he caught me staring. 

"I.. I will," I mumbled, as I picked the ladle to serve myself. Bhairav just took it from my hands and said, "Let me serve," he then proceeded to serve me. "Go on, eat".

Shaking my head negatively, I started eating. 

"So," Bhairav started, as he served himself some more rice. "About the photoshoot, any plans about it?"

"I.. I was just browsing.. D..dont have a concrete idea," I mumbled feeling ashamed. Stupid Eesha. You brought up this entire thing, and you have no plan of action.

"No issues. you still have time. Do you want me to hire a help?"  

"Help...?"

"Like, an event manager?"