38. For being in my life

Bhairav sat on the bed next to me after that

"How are you feeling? Did it hurt? Does it hurt now? Teju has given some painkillers. You should take one," he rattled off. I noticed his fingers, dancing away on his thigh. Is he still nervous? Is he still worried about me?

"Vadina, take care of yourself okay? Because, if you are not well, Kriya and Anna would not do well, either". I remembered Dhruv.

"Eesha?"

I jerked. He sat up straight. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Should I get Teju back?" He asked.

I looked at his face, filled with worry. Was Dhruv trying to tell me that I would be worrying Bhairav? That me being in pain can cause him distress too?

"Eesha?"

I shook my head in negative. "I am good," i mumbled.

He sighed. "I hope you are. Anyways, I was thinking, we will stay the night here".

I was about to protest. He said, "hear me out. Amma called me up, she asked me if they could take Kriya with them, for the night. I agreed immediately. Isn't that a good idea? Attending Kriya in this condition would be a pain, right?"

My immediate thought was, no I can manage! But... Can I?. I could. I have always managed, haven't I? I looked at Bhairav's expectant gaze.

He looked like he was waiting for my approval.

What a silly thought!

"Anyways, Shyamalamma is accompanying them. Kriya would be fine. She is used to Shyamalamma. So that's not an issue. So, we will stay here tonight. You can rest easy. There wouldn't be any disturbance. I will get you some change of clothes. Something comfortable. Also, is there something you want to eat? You can eat something, Take the medicine and go to sleep. That would do you good".

"I am okay with anything," I mumbled.

"But... Fine!" With that he rushed out.

He was worried. Dr.Tejaswi was right. He looked nervous. I may not have noticed it, if she hadn't told me. He was worried for me. I remembered his moist eyes, back in the office. Now that I think about it, he looked like he was in pain.

The very thought that he might be worried about me, is creating havoc in my mind. Why? Why would he be nervous? Why would my pain affect him so much? I am just an unpaid Nanny to him. Why would he be so affected?

"I have a huge family. One that loves and cares for me. But Bhairav is my safety net," I remembered Kirti say.

A safety net. Bhairav, a safety net? Is he becoming my safety net too? Would he protect me... No, I should be punished, if I make mistakes. Father isn't wrong. But Bhairav had never punished me. Even when I was wrong. Even when I made so many mistakes. He never punished me.