5. This is me, deal with it

Bhairav Dev Prajapati is scary

Bhairav Dev Prajapati is scary. He was my brother-in-law. But, I never had the courage to talk to him. Radha ma'am had told me, that I was not his status. So I could only call him Sir, not baava( brother-in-law). But, Kirthi did not allow. Infact, she had decided that I will address him as Baava. In the end that fight turned out to be a waste. Because I never had the strength to look him in the eye. Never mind talking.

With his cold hazel eyes, crooked nose and the sharp jaw hidden beneath his well maintained beard, he had always given me a gangster vibe. Something which scared me to death. So when Pranav and Dhruv patted him on the shoulder, mumbling, 'meet you at home', and left, I started to tremble. Father and Karthik shook Bhairav's hand and walked away. Not a glance at me! But why would they?

"Let's go!" I heard Bhairav's stern voice.

He walked ahead with his soft long strides. While I ran behind him, fumbling with my saree.

As I got into the car, Bhairav passed me his phone, and asked me to put my address into his Google Maps. After I entered it, I stay seated in my seat, afraid that Bhairav is going to get angry, even if I breathe wrong. Wordlessly, we reached my room. God! This was more uncomfortable than the metro ride.

Father had informed me to pack my belongings the previous day. I packed my clothes,and other necessities and gave my utensils to my neighbours. With that I was left with my bed! I left it for the next tenant. After packing away everything, I was left with two big bags and a small backpack.

"I... I ... will be ba..ck in few"..cough.. "minutes," I mumbled as soon as we reached the house. Without waiting for his reply, I leaped out of the car. I did not know the temper Bhairav had. If it was anything close to Father's, I will be a dead meat if I delay. So, I ran up the stairs, collected the bags, took a second to glance at the room which was my first home, and may be the last one too. Because, where I am going is Kirti's home, not mine, never mine.

Locking the room, I handed over the keys to the owner. I had settled the rent yesterday, and he did not give me my advance back, because I am vacating the room without any prior notice. Sigh!

Then I rushed down the stairs, struggling with the two bags. I had taken only five minutes, hopefully he is not angry. Dragging my bags, I walked to his car. He got down, and opened the boot of the car. Immediately I dumped the luggage in the car. Hopefully, the luggage doesn't dirty the car. While I was thinking that, Bhairav shut the boot with such force thay I took several steps back, because the sound scared me. Hopefully he doesn't hit me.

Bhairav glanced at me and walked back to the driving seat. Seeing that, I ran to the front of the car and got into it. Half-an-hour later, I found myself in front of the Prajapati mansion. Kirti had told me that Prajapati's had many businesses. And that Bhairav headed the construction company. After her marriage, Kirti had not agreed to live with the family. So, with the family's permission, Bhairav and Kirti had moved into a penthouse close by. After Kirti passed away, Bhairav moved back into the mansion, so his family could help him take care of Kriya.