14. New home, Old life.

Back when Kirti wanted to move out, Devaki Jeji had asked Bhairav to build three penthouses next to each other, so that all three brothers would live together

Back when Kirti wanted to move out, Devaki Jeji had asked Bhairav to build three penthouses next to each other, so that all three brothers would live together. Thus The Prajapati Paradise came into being. It was built on a huge land, very close to the Prajapati mansion. The compounds were seven feet high. The gates were heavily guarded.

As soon as the gates opened, there was a huge driveway directly leading to the garage. The brothers had a great collection of vehicles. Especially Pranav.. His love for vehicles is immense. Hence the garage is connected to the automobile repairing area, where he would repair his collection of cars. All the servants who work here also have quaters in the ground floor.

The first floor has a gym, for obvious reasons, a dance studio and music room. It also has a bachelor pad, where Pranav and Dhruv stayed before their marriage. The third floor has three penthouses, for all the three brothers, to live after their marriage.

Kirti, who had very good rapport with her brothers-in-law, loved having them in the same compound as hers. There were many night outs and parties held. Do the brothers miss Kirti as much as I do?

Kirti was a perfect person. Everybody liked her. Now that I have come here, I don't know how to deal with either of the three brothers. Add their wives to the mix, I feel lost! How to behave the right way? During our childhood, Vimalamma used to teach Kruthi and Kirti the behavioral etiquette. They were trained to be the perfect ladies of perfect families. But me? I was always taught to be invisible. I was told that I could turn out like my mother, who could seduced men on her whim. So I was taught to be a wallflower, a thing no one notices. So that I don't destroy a family's happiness like my mother did.

But now the situation is different isn't it? I am not just an illegitimate child. I am a respectable family's eldest daughter-in-law. This is one situation, I have never imagined myself in. I don't know what the family expects from me. Do I have to be that wallflower I was taught to be? Or do I behave like respectable lady, like Kirti?

With these thoughts in my mind I entered the penthouse, Kirti's home! It is just as I remember. Every single thing in this house was decorated by Kirti and I could feel her presence all the same. Sigh! I wish you were here!

The minute we entered the home Vimalamma came running to us, and bowed a little to acknowledge Bhairav.

"Have you arranged Kriya's nursery?" Bhairav asked her.

"Yes ayya(sir)."

"Good. I have some work at the office. I will be late". With that he handed over Kriya to me and left.

Having Vimalamma here has helped me calm my nerves. She knows all about behaviour. I don't have to worry about making mistakes. She will guide me.

"Where will you stay?" She asked me. I know, she is testing me. I knew I would not stay in Kirti's room with her husband. But this house had luxurious rooms. I can't stay in any of them, can I? I looked at her, totally lost.