Chapter 14

Lionel was already sitting in his Rolls-Royce and glancing at his schedule

Lionel was already sitting in his Rolls-Royce and glancing at his schedule. Tonight's dinner immediately caught his attention again. This meeting was important for him, it would be forward-looking for his art collection. He was desperate to get rid of Harry Deane. Deane had dug his own final grave by calling Saskia a chuppy girl. He had wanted to get rid of him anyway, but it was the last drop that had made the barrel overflow.

Even if Lionel didn't seem like it, but women had to be treated with a certain respect. Although he himself very often walked on thin ice, he nevertheless usually treated the women more kindly than the men.

Lionel adjusted his tie and looked out the window of the moving car. A small smile formed on his lips, he was already curious how his assistant would behave today. He didn't know why, but he liked that she wasn't the usual type of woman. She seemed a bit unruly and he was sure that when the time came, she would know how to fight back. And as always, he loved challenges and this one would be especially interesting.

Mihai stopped the limousine in front of the Shahbandar building. Then Lionel got out and went back to his company, focused on the day.

Saskia got up and dressed quickly, only carefully folding the beautiful blouse for the evening and putting it in the bag. She would change later, after all, she didn't want to sit in front of Mister Shahbandar's office with it all day.

Today she had somehow needed longer for everything, quickly she ran to the bus stop which was not far. Luckily it wasn't raining, so she didn't have to worry about soiling her pants. Puffing like an old steam locomotive, she now stood at the bus stop and already looked towards the bus.

The day was already off to a good start. Still breathing deeply, she got on and stood in the gangway, since the bus was quite full. Impatiently, she waited for the stops until she could finally get off.

With some inner nervousness, she walked towards the company building. When she arrived at the executive floor, she almost went to her old, now empty office out of habit. At the last second, she walked past and headed for her new workstation. Saskia stowed her bag under the desk and immediately started up her iMac.

She quickly created the usual lists for her boss and immediately printed them out so that they would go out to him in the office. No sooner had she done that than she noticed Lionel standing up in his office. Saskia bit her lip, expecting him to join her at the desk at any moment.

Lionel was concentrating on the contract in front of him when the printer turned on and started printing something. He paused his work and took the sheets from the printer tray. His eyes slid over the numbers, suddenly feeling the need to go out to Saskia. With the sheets in his hand, he walked outside his office and looked her promptly in the eyes.

"Good morning Saskia," he spoke in a dark, slightly raspy voice, still looking at her.

"Good morning Lionel," she responded, looking him in the eyes as well, "would you like a coffee or something else?" There was no way she was going to let him intimidate her.

"Something else?" he asked, playfully innocent, tilting his head slightly. His lips lifted into a slight smile, but he thought better of it and became serious again. "Yes please, bring me a double espresso and a dark chocolate with it," he spoke in a seductive tone, "and for you take a coffee as well," he added.

Saskia nodded in reply and immediately got up to obey his order. Meanwhile, Lionel stepped back into his office. Confused about his own thoughts and his unusual statement, he sat down on his black sofa and waited for his coffee to be served.

Saskia went into the break room and took two espresso cups out of the cupboard and placed them under the coffee machine. She pressed the button for two double espressi. While this ran into the cups, Saskia arranged the saucers with spoons on a small serving tray. She picked out the dark version with 80% cocoa from the small chocolate bars and placed it on the tray as well. Sugar, if he wanted, he had on his table, she had seen that last time.

Saskia finished preparing everything and went back in the direction of his office. Without knocking, she went in and saw her boss already sitting at the sofa. He immediately looked up when he heard her coming and watched her steps closely. She swallowed nervously and put the tray down on the table, what was he trying to tell her with his reaction earlier? She pushed the thoughts away though, now was no time for that.

Lionel immediately reached for the chocolate and impatiently tore open the paper and foil. He instantly bit off a good piece and let it melt on his tongue with relish. Saskia had watched him and could not help smiling slightly. How could one start snacking so early in the morning, but he seemed to like it. Mister Shahbandar was slim after all, this one could afford such a luxury and just eat chocolate, even at such an impossible hour.

While she watched her boss under half lowered eyelids, she sipped her hot espresso without sugar. A residue of chocolate had stuck to his curved lips. Unconsciously, she licked her lips and thought she tasted the tart sweetness herself. Her thoughts became slightly naughty, his mouth seemed very inviting. She would have loved to lick the chocolate crumb away from his lips and kiss him.

Saskia quickly emerged from her thoughts as she approached Lionel for the second time. He had been watching her and had seen her dreamy look, which he could not interpret. This had certainly not been directed at him, probably she had seen through him.

Lionel was a little confused when Saskia's cheeks suddenly took on a reddish hue, had he missed something?

"I'm sorry, I was in thought for a moment," Saskia tried to talk her way out of it, feeling her red cheeks and his scrutinizing gaze. "But you have some chocolate there," she continued to speak, indicating the position on her own lips.

He understood what she was trying to tell him and wiped his mouth to remove the remnants. "Don't you want chocolate at all, or don't you like it?", Lionel wanted to know from her.

"Yes I do, it's actually very tasty, I really like dark chocolate, but I generally shouldn't eat things like that," Saskia replied, hoping the topic would finally turn to something else.

"I also have other flavors at home, you should definitely try them if you like this one," Lionel said in response, completely deliberately ignoring the objection she had actually raised.