Chapter 44

Disappointed, Saskia sat down on the bed and began to stroke Gem's soft fur

Disappointed, Saskia sat down on the bed and began to stroke Gem's soft fur. She once again reviewed the meeting in London.

As soon as Puznowski had greeted Lionel, there was only this woman for him. It was only when they were alone again that he remembered his unimpressive assistant, she thought sarcastically.

No, she would certainly not go to him again, she had had enough for now. She hated herself for her jealousy, but Lionel hadn't exactly behaved in an exemplary manner either. After all, he had treated her like air and only had his eyes on PJ. When she already thought about tomorrow's dinner, it bubbled up inside her. She would have preferred not to go at all, but then she wouldn't even know what he might be up to.

Lionel walked up and down in his bedroom. Again and again he went in the direction of the connecting door, but finally stopped in front of it. No, he wouldn't run after her either. After all, he had noticed that she was in a bad mood. Women in this emotional state were usually unpredictable and he didn't want to do that to himself right now. So he stayed in his room and read through the unedited parts of the text for his future book.

The next day the two acted as if they had never had anything together. Each kept his distance and tried to protect himself. Although Lionel usually always brought up everything, he didn't want to start in this matter. Because he wasn't sure himself how it should go on. Actually, he wanted to draw a line, but not like this and not now. He would see how tonight's dinner went.

Silently they worked side by side, only talking at lunch about a few trivial things concerning the book.

"We'll call it a night," Lionel determined into the silence. "I'll meet you at the limo at 5 p.m. so we can drive to London together," he added.

Saskia didn't think it was worth the trouble to give him an answer, so she just nodded. Immediately she got up, left his office and went to her room to get ready and change.

Lionel glanced after her. The situation was more complicated than he had thought. What had happened yesterday to make Saskia behave so coldly toward him? He didn't know.

Sia dressed only in typical office clothes. Black trousers and a dark green blouse, that was all she wanted to make of herself. She didn't like to wear the expensive jewelry either and deliberately left it on the nightstand. Once again she checked her handbag and when she had everything she needed, she went through the house into the open air.

Saskia already sat down in the Rolls-Royce, because she didn't want to wait for him outside. In the meantime, she talked with Mihai, whom she had grown fond of by now. Lionel could be really happy to have this obliging person as a co-worker. After all, it was not a matter of course that someone would sacrifice himself as much as his chauffeur did for him.

When Saskia looked at the entrance portal, she could already observe Lionel as he proudly as always, in an expensive suit, walked towards the limousine.