Chapter 1- Part Two

"There are two doors to your house. A front door and a back one. If you answer correct, you live." From where Casey sits she can see the back and front door. She deliberates with her last bit of strength to strategize. Eyeing both doors, she tries to decide which one to decide between the two. "Don't make me... I can't... I won't..."

"Your call."

In the darkness, Casey crawls to the kitchen counter and she leans up and grabs a long, sharp butcher knife. Casey looks around her, she looks down the hall to the front door, then she turns back to the glass doors. Suddenly, a lawn chair comes flying through it, shattering the glass to pieces. This incites Casey like fire. She springs to her feet and bolts out of the kitchen as a shadow moves quickly through the shattered doorframe. Somewhere in the house, back flat against a window, listening to feet cracking on broken glass, Casey turns and unlocks the latch, quietly sliding it up. She can hear him move through the foyer to the front door, supposedly letting someone in. Casey lifts herself up and puts her legs through the window. She holds the knife tightly in her one hand and the phone in the other.

Casey eases out of the window, fumbling, dropping the knife back in the house accidentally. She reaches out to get it but she fails. Instead, she takes off. Casey is now at the back of the corner of the house. "I can hear you. I know you're here."

Casey eases along a narrow path between a tall fence and the side of the house, going for the front yard. She must pass the three curtainless windows. She gets to the first one and reluctantly peeks in. The indistinguishable figure has pulled open the foyer closet, searching for her. Casey creeps along to the next window, she looks in. The figure is completely on the other side of the room moving toward the hall that leads to the other parts of the house. She moves further along the house, squeezing by hedges to the third and last window. She peeks in to see the figure staring back at her. His face covered with a ghostly white mask, inches from her. His soulless eyes peering through Casey. She screams bloody murder as a hand crashed through the glass window grabbing hold of her neck. She beats at him trying to free herself. Her nails dig into his clothed arm and she wrenches from side to side, finally breaking free as the hands disappear inside the house.

Casey sails around the corner of the house, eyeing the front door precautiously. Her eyes cover the sprawling country yard when suddenly headlights appear in the distance, coming down the road and towards the house. She recognises them instantly. "Mom! Dad!" she tears out across the yard towards them, moving like lighting. The car turns into the driveway and Casey screams, waving madly, rushing by a tree as Ghostface appears. Casey stumbles back, catching her balance. The figure moves on her, arm poised high and a flash of silver. Casey is struck across the chest, above her left breast. She looks down to see her shirt a blossoming red, a look of bewilderment as she drops to one knee. The knife rises again but Casey throws her hand forward. The blade comes down but it's blocked by the portable phone still in her hand. She turns, staggering to the driveway, clutching her bleeding chest.

A middle-aged couple emerge from the parked car. They move to the front door completely unaware of what's happening to their daughter, only feet from them. Casey stumbles forward, her parents only ten feet away. She opens her mouth to scream but no sound resonates. She is beyond words. The figure moved behind her, unbeknownst to Casey Becker.

At the front door, her parents are having a casual conversation. Her parents approach the door. 

"The fish smelled wrong," Casey's father said. "I told you to send it back," her mother says. Then, her father notices the door slightly ajar. He gives Casey's mother a puzzled look. Unbeknownst to her parents, Casey was right behind them, her arm outstretched. If only they turned around.. 

They enter the house and close the door as Casey collapses to the floor, clutching her bloodied chest and the figure stood over her. In the foyer, Casey's father sees the shattered patio door. "Jesus.."

"What is it? Where's Casey?" she asks frantically. They both call out loudly. "Casey? Casey? Where are you, darling?" In a split second they're both panic stricken. Her father begins to search the house from head to toe as Casey's mother is hysterical, petrified. In the front yard, Casey is being dragged by her feet across the soiled floor, the life disappearing fast in her body. Her hand still clutches the phone and it's still connected. In the house, her mother is still frantic. "Where is she?" 

"Call the police."

Her mother moves to the foyer and picks up the phone. There is no dial tone and she jiggles the base. "Casey? Where are you honey? Call the police, goddammit!" her father says angrily. Through the phone, the softest, faintest voice is heard. "Help... me.. p-please..." Casey's whispered weak voice says. "She's here, God. I can hear her!" Then, her father upturns the living room, startled. "Casey! Casey!"

"Not my daughter... not my..." her mother cries. Her father grabs hold of his startled wife. "Get in the car and drive down to the Mackenzie's!" her father says and her mother throws the front door open and rushes out. Her father moves through the house when a gut-wrenching scream echoes out. That being his wife. He runs outside, concerned. He finds his wife, on her knees, bent over and retching. His eyes move beyond to a tree in the front yard. His throat is dry and his stomach churns. He bares the witness to the single, most horrifying thing he'll ever see. Casey hangs from the oak tree by her neck, her stomach ripped open and blood oozing out, as well as organs like her intestines. Stab marks cover her entire body.