Chapter Seven

A/N: I just wanna reiterate that I am copying off of the script but some of it is my own scenes, quotes etc. I am also changing up the scenes a bit for more descriptiveness. I'm also adding my own words. So, what I'm tryna say is that most of it is from the script but I've changed it up and made it more descriptive.  

Dewey's patrol jeep is parked in front of the school. He stands in the open driver's side talking on the radio. "She's okay. Looks like some boys were teasing Y/N. Himbry's shutting down the school though. I want you to take a look around," Sheriff Burke says from the radio.

"Yes, sir, Sheriff." Dewey shuts the jeep door and heads for campus when Gale Weathers appears, her fake face aglow."Hi! Gale Weathers. Field Correspondent."

"I know who you are, ma'am. How's the eye?" Dewey asks.

"Productive. So they're closing down the school?" Gale says, stating the obvious. "Well, uh... yes, ma'am. For the time being." Dewey heads for the school building. Gale scurries along side him flirtatiously. 

"And why is that? Has something happened?"

"You're not supposed to be here, ma'am."

"I know, I should be in New York covering the Sharon Stone stalker but who knew?" Dewey's eyes wander down to Gale's long legs, the way her hips move when she walks. He's clearly distracted. 

"I'm twenty-five years old, ma'am."

"Twenty-five, huh? In demographic study I proved to be most popular amongst males, 11-24. I just missed you. Of course, you don't look a day over twelve, except in the upper torso area. Does the force require that you work out?" Gale said flirtatiously. Dewey looks away, blushing a bit. 

"No, ma'am. Because of my boyish good looks, muscle mass has increased my acceptance as a serious police officer." They approach the school's entrance. Suddenly, Mr Himbry's voice is amplified through intercoms across campus via the PA system. They stop and listen. 

"Your attention, please. Due to the recent events that have occurred and until it comes to a resolve -  effective immediately - all classes are suspended till further notice. The Woodsboro police Dept. has also asked me to announce a city wide curfew beginning at 6PM. I repeat..." Gale speaks over his voice. 

"Boy, you people sure do make fuss over a serial killer."

"Serial killer isn't really accurate, ma'am. The killer has yet to strike twice."

"Well, we can hope, can't we? We certainly don't have any leads. A ghost mask, a cellular phone - not much there," Gale said. 

"We're tracking the cellular phone bill," Dewey said, squinting to see Gale in the sunlight. 

"Really? You small town guys are good. And have you located Sidney's father yet?"

"No, not yet but we're working on it."

"He's not a suspect, is he?"

"We haven't ruled out that possibility." Dewey, realising he's said too much, clams up. "If you'll excuse me, ma'am."

"I'm sorry, am I keeping you?"

"That's quite alright. If I may say so, ma'am, you're much prettier in person." Dewey starts up the stairs as the bell rings. 

"So you do watch the show?" Dewey turns to her earnestly as students pour out the school doors excitedly. 

"I just turned twenty-five. I was twenty-four for a whole year."

"You are precious. Please, call me Gale." She smiles deliciously, gives him a wink, and then struts off. Dewey watches her go. 

~

School is clearing out. The halls have begun to clear up as Tatum and Sidney escort you down the hallway. "It was just some sick fuck having a laugh," Tatum said. "They're trying to scare you, Y/N. I fear it'll be me next," Sidney said.

"It was him, guys. I know it." Tatum wants to believe you but she doesn't. "You are not to be alone again. Is that clear? If you pee, I pee," Tatum replies. Suddenly, Stu appears in a goofy mood. 

"Is this not cool or what? Hey, Y/N, what happened?"

"For once, Stu. Drop it," Tatum snaps. "Okay, but whatever you did - the entire school body thanks you, Y/N!" Stu moves to Tatum and gives her a sloppy kiss. 

"And to celebrate this impromptu fall break, I propose we have a party! Tonight, my house!" Stu said, happily. "Are you serious?" Tatum says and shakes her head disapprovingly.

"My parents are out of town. It'll be like my hurricane bash last year. Nothing extreme. Just a few of us, hangin'." Tatum suddenly warms to the idea.

"This could be good. What do you think, Y/N, Sid?"

"I don't know.." you say. "I don't know either.." Sidney says.

"Come on. Pathos have it's perks!"

You consider trying hard to be good spirited. 

"Remember, there's safety in numbers!" Stu reiterates.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever.. what about you, Sid?" you say, finally giving in. "Yeah, fine.."

"Cool. See you guys tonight. Bring food." Stu speeds off, sliding down the empty hallway. 

~

Principal Himbry sits at his desks staring at the ghost masks before him. He picks one of them up, snickering. "Damn." He stands and moves to the closet next to his office door. He pulls it open to reveal a mirror hooked inside the door. He tries the mask on, pulling it over his face, looking in the mirror when the door knocks. He rips the mask off of his head. He opens the door to reveal an empty hallway. He pokes his head into the outer office area and looks around but no-one seems to be there. "Yes? Hello?" 

The place is empty. A little suspicious, he closes the door, catching his reflection in the mirror. He looks at the mask in his hands. Just as he tries to put the mask on, another knock is at the door. Himbry grabs the door quickly, this time throwing it open. Again, no-one's there. He steps out of the outer office, determined to catch a prankster. There were lots of them around. Mr. Himbry moves though the outer office and into the school corridor. The overhead lights have been turned off and the corridor is now dark and deserted. He looks up and down the hall. Only a janitor is seen in the distance, sweeping the floor. "Little shits.." Himbry murmurs and returns to his office. 

Himbry reenters his office, moving to his desk, when he spots the closet door now closed shut. This gives him a pause. He left it open. Hadn't he? He shifts uneasy, reaching for the closet knob, pulling the door open to reveal an empty closet. He stands still for a moment, suddenly realising someone could now easily be standing behind the closet door. Nervously, he pushes it shut but nothing is there, thankfully. Himbry shakes away his jitters, realising he's spooked himself. He continues to his desk, pushing his office door shut when Ghostface lunges from behind it, knife in hand. Quick and easy, Ghostface stabs Himbry three times in the stomach and Himbry goes down. Ghostface towers over him.