Chapter Nine

A/N: Listen to the song above while reading this chapter. This song is in this part of the movie. 

You enter Blockbuster, hand in hand with Billy. You let go and peck him on the cheek before searching the aisles for a movie. Blockbuster is huge and crowded right now. Randy, in his Blockbuster get up, is searching through VHS tapes, storing them back on the shelves. You approach him. "Hey, Randy!" you greet and embrace him a soft hug.

He hugs you back and you both eventually pull away. "Hey, Y/N. I heard what happened at school earlier. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Randy asks worriedly.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. It was just someone teasing me," you said although you was unsure if it was a prank or not. "Besides, I date Billy now."

Randy smile worried expression goes to a shocked expression. He drops the VHS tapes on the floor which creates a loud sound. Everyone's attention turn to Randy but you wave everyone off. "You what?!" he says a little too loudly.

"Shh, the whole of Woodsboro doesn't need to know!" you whisper. "Sorry."

 "Sidney and Billy ended it. Sidney gave me her approval, as well as Tatum. I hope you do, too. I'm really happy now, Randy. Really happy. Knowing I have Billy and you on my side, it makes me safer." Randy sighs sadly. You raise your eyebrows. 

"Truth is, Y/N, as much as Billy is my good friend and Stu's, there's something off about him but I just can't seem to wrap my finger around it. It's weird."

You give him an outraged look. "What? How can you say that, Randy?"

"That doesn't matter, Y/N. As long as you're happy AND he treats you WELL, then I'm okay with it. Besides, I can't tell you who you date or not." Randy smiles weakly. "I want you to be happy. You're my best friend, you have been for years and all that matters to me is that you're happy."

Tears well up in your eyes and you hug Randy tightly. "Thank you, thank you, Randy. I love you!"

Randy quickly pulls away. "W-what?"

"I-I mean as in friendship," you say, blushing in embarrassment. 

After you buy some movies with the help of Randy, you exit the shop and head to the shop opposite. It's a clothes shop. You wanted to buy some nice clothes for the party. 

~

Ten minutes after you left to go buy some clothes, Randy is be-shelving returns when Stu appears, knocking the videos out of Randy's hands. Randy scowls. "Jesus, this place is packed!" Stu said, looking around absentmindedly. 

Randy kneels down and picks up the VHS tapes. "We had a run in the mass murder section."

"You comin' tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm off early. Curfew, you know?" There's a quick pause before Randy speaks again. "Hey, did you know that Billy dates Y/N? New news too me." "Of course I knew! I was in on it. Why? You jealous? Thought you liked Sidney anyway," Stu smirks.

 Randy stands up and looks away. "Now that's poor taste." 

"What?" Stu says, giving Randy a questionable look. 

Randy refers to Billy who stands down the aisle talking to two girls. They appear to be flirting but Billy doesn't look too amused. They're instantly recognised as the girls from the bathroom. Perhaps unaware that you date Billy now.