Chapter Thirteen

You and Billy sit in the large, master bedroom with glass doors that lead out onto a balcony. You and Billy stare at each other for a long, awkward moment. "So?" you said, absentmindedly fiddling with your fingers.

"So... I'm sorry. I've been a selfish shit and I'm sorry," Billy said.

"No, Billy. I'm the one who's been selfish and self-absorbed with all my post traumatic stress."

"Your dad left you and your friend's have died..." Billy says guiltily but you don't seem to notice.

"But you're right, enough is enough. I can't keep lying to myself that I'm gonna be murdered next. I've got to stay positive and that's not me right now.. I'm thinking negatively and getting stressed out which results in me snapping at people unintentionally. I've been acting like a selfish bitch. And I never apologised properly of accusing you of being the killer. It was wrong of me."  

"I think in some weird analytical, psychological bullshit way," you continue, "I'm gonna turn out to be like this psychopathic killer, you know? With all the stress overload. Like the bad, slutty girl, the accuser.."

"Oh, Y/N. You know that's not true.."

"Everytime I get close to you, I feel nervous but also safe. I know it doesn't make sense on why I feel nervous. It's a weird feeling, like I sense something bad. It's the same with Sidney. Everytime she got close to you, she'd see her mom. It didn't and still doesn't make sense."

"Sure it does. It's like Jodie Foster in Silence Of The Lambs when she kept having flashbacks of her dead father."

"But this is life. This isn't a movie, Billy. It's life with my subconscious fear and stress and my unnecessary selfishness."

"Sure it is, Y/N. It's all a movie. Life's one great big movie. Only you can't pick you genre." Billy had a point. Billy moves to you. You embrace, tenderly. 

"I wanna let it go. I do. I wanna feel happy for even just a day without a worry."

"Shhh, everything's going to be okay. I promise," he whispers comfortingly. You take the initiative, acting on impulse, kissing Billy long and hard. You break away passionately, out of breath. 

"Why can't I be a Meg Ryan or Reese Witherspoon movie?" you ask silently. Billy nibbles your neck. "Shh, it's okay."

"Or even a good porno.."

Billy stops, shocked with what you just said. "What?"

You stare at him, your eyes sexually charged. 

"You heard me."

Billy looks at you incredulously. "Are you serious?"

You surprise yourself with your words. You was not expecting this to happen tonight but it was. "Yeah, I think so," you said and you both smile at each other. 

~

In the living room, the camera sits on the bookshelf lodged between two knickknacks, completely inconspicuous. The camera widens to reveal several teens watching TV - the horror diehards. "Look, here it comes! SPLAT!" one teen says. 

"The blood's not the right colour. Why do they do that? It's too red," another teen complained. 

"Here comes another.." Randy says.

"Predictable. Knew he was gonna bite it," your brother, Hayden, says.

"Ugh, how can you watch this shit over and over?" a bored teenage girl asks.

Randy shushes her up. "Shhhh!" The girl scowls at him. "I wanna see Jamie Lee's breasts. When do we see Jamie Lee's breasts?" Stu asks in a whiny voice.