Chapter Sixteen

You find an old tennis racket. You swing it at the window. The window smashes and sprays shards of glass. You move quickly, lifting yourself up over broken glass and pulling yourself through the window frame. You waste absolutely no time. You look for Gale frantically, screaming, but Gale is gone. You hear the muffled shouts of Hayden on the second floor, the floor beneath you. You scream loudly and call out his name. "HAYDEN! HAYDEN! UP HERE!" 

All goes silent and his shouts are gone. You cry uncontrollably. You wonder if he's okay, if he's injured, if he's dead. You lower yourself down the ledge, sliding down a sloped portion of the roof onto the master bedroom's balcony. Then, you ease yourself over the railing and lower yourself carefully, letting yourself hang as low as you can. Then, you let go, falling the rest of the way, but in a split instant, Ghostface grabs your wrists in midair. 

Your body hangs, dangling against the side of the house. Ghostface begins to lift you, pulling you back onto the balcony. You jerk, pull, twist but his hands are gripping you tightly, hoisting you up. You scream madly. You yank one last time and manage to free yourself. You drop to the ground, a good seven feet, landing on your back, hitting the ground hard. You grab at your pained leg and bring yourself upright. 

~

Gale is frantic. She starts the engine up and hits the headlights when she discovers she can't see out of the windshield. Gale rubs at the glass. Something blocks her view on the outside. Gale hits the wipers as blood smears across the glass, dripping down from above. Gale screams as a hand reaches through the open window. She looks up to see Randy, staring at her madly. 

"What's going on?" he asks. 

A sheer moment of fear as Gale hits the gas plummeting the car forward, into a ditch. She hits the brakes. Randy is thrown forward, away from the van. Gale reverses and backs up, hitting the brakes again. Kenny's face comes sliding down the outside of the windshield, eyes wide, face distorted, blood everywhere. Gale hits the gas, and yanks the wheel, sending Kenny's body flying off the top of the van. Gale spins the van around, onto the road. She hits the gas madly, gaining speed as you appear in the middle of the road, drenched in blood, very much resembling Carrie.

Gale swerves to miss you, but she turns too sharp and the van veers off the road at top speed. It flips over on it's side, sliding off into the thick foliage. You race to wear the van lay on it's side. You peer through the windshield. Gale's body is limp and bloody. You cry out, turning and limping to the driveway as fast as you can. You see the patrol jeep with the door open. You go for it. 

You hop in, reaching for the ignition. But, there's no keys. Just then, your eyes go to the front porch. You watch as the front door opens and Ghostface appears in the darkness, undetectable. You throw the headlights, illuminating the front side of the house, revealing Dewey standing in the doorway. "DEWEY!" you call hysterically. 

You open the jeep door, moving to him, noticing his body slumped down, knees buckled. Then, his body falls forward slowly, deliberately hitting the porch hard. Standing behind him is Ghostface. You scream from the bottom of your soul. "NOOOO!"

You jump back inside of the jeep, closing the door and locking it. You reach over and lock the passenger's door and then, you wait. You watch as Ghostface leans over Dewey's still body, fumbling with something. Ghostface then stands up and in his hands he holds the keys. 

They keys jingle in the wind, Ghostface toying you enjoyably. You, hysterical, lock eyes with Ghostface as he moves to the jeep door. You leap on it, holding the lock button down, making it impossible to lock. Your face is pressed against the window, inches from Ghostface. You use every ounce of strength when suddenly, Ghostface disappears dropping down the below the window, out of your sight. You move to the centre of the jeep, trying hard to listen over your own rapid breathing, every sound amplified.

Then, you hear it. The soft jingling of keys near the passenger's side door. You pounce on the lock, holding it down. A shadow cuts the beams of the headlights, unseen by you. The lock turns on the other side. You leap over and hold it down, securing it. You are certifiable. Your eyes pot the police radio for the first time. You grab the mouthpiece and hit the switch. 

"Help! Please! I'm at Stu Macher's house on Turner Lane. Please. He's gonna kill me and my friends!"

You rant into the police radio fearfully. You don't see Ghostface open the tailgate door of the jeep and slowly crawl in behind you. Ghostface reaches out and grabs hold of your neck. With surprising strength, you spin and around and attack him. You fall back against the dash, legs out, kicking wildly at him. Your hand reaches for the door. You find the lock and door lever and you pull. The door swings open. You fall out the door, falling onto the ground. 

On your stomach, you squirm away from the jeep. You bring yourself up to your hands and knees, looking behind you to see nothing. Ghostface has disappeared. Your eye rooam the yard but there's no-one in sight. You crawl to the front porch where Dewey's body lay. Thinking quickly, precisely, you reach to Dewey's holster and grab his gun when a voice echoes behind you.

"Y/N!"