[1] Flashback

⚠️ Chapter contains mention of Death.
[]==========[]

A smog. An iron cage. Destruction. Your home was torn to pieces as hellfires rained down upon Seaside City. The people fled, running through alleys and streets in fear as titanium robots streamed down from the sky. The anxious and afraid screamed about the return of Dr. Robotnic. There were no heroes to save us, to save you.

You were an innocent (m/s) running in the streets from a supervillain, that was calling your name. The voice was smothered and fleeing figures began to fade away as if they had died in the chaos. An opening, an escape, a light whereas you entered you were forced down onto the ground. A small child and yourself had collided and fallen to the cold, concrete ground of an alleyway that threw dust into the air.

Your vision cut to darkness, an eerie and continuous high-pitched screech in your ears, which traded places back and forth between a vacuum of specialized lab space. It smelt of metal and cleanliness, like a hospital room made ready for the next patient. An iron cage.

A wolf loomed behind it with mechanized bodyguards of inorganic and sci-fi nature. He introduced himself but the name was muffled. Another darkness, where you looked into the mirror and saw someone who was not yourself, and the loneliness of a dead, stone-cold recovery room behind you. Your senses were confused and your muscles ached. Your arm pulsed as if the blood running through your veins had been personally irritated.

With a blink you were somewhere else, a battlefield with the same landscape as the start. A destruction. Smog, robots. The regal building that represented the City Hall was under control, your control, a control you never wanted. A power given to you, you never wanted to use. You were fighting, moving with an intense skill that flowed like the perfect melody of a song in the wind. A small fox with twin tails, unarmed and young was your opponent. With a startled yell you were transported somewhere else, where you saw that wolf struggling against a true hero. A blue hedgehog battered him back and forth with blurred spin dashing and dust clouds.

The last city. The final frontier for a world domination. The back end of a dark airship was the last place you called myself (n/n). You were the notorious 'Killer'- who took out the famous Knuckles the Echidna. But it wasn't you. In my months of forced terror, you never forfeit one's soul. It was that terrible wolf that took you from the streets of Seaside City. You were the (m/s) with a hidden background, a citizen, and the real victim of this war. Look what it had done. What HE had done. You killed that Wolf, with the weapons that it gave you.

= = = = =

A recurring dream. Your eyes fluttered open and we're met with the same black, iron cage you knew all too well. A place where you were imprisoned for 5 years now. You were condemned forever to this space. Your arms were held behind you, and you were knelt down, constantly staring towards the floor.

No movement would trigger a response. A guard would drop his weapon, and your ears would not flick towards the noise. You never need a deep breath, and nor would your tail sweep in any way with an emotion. You were mocked and slandered by those who rightfully hated you. They didn't know who you were and yet you were their mortal enemy.

You were never let out and only ate when no one was posted directly in front of your enclosure. This solitary confinement was an emotional bother. You wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of various medications secretly served with your entrees. But today, something made you look up.

"Well well well." They said seductively. It was a female voice, one you had recognized over your years of service under the Wolf. A voice that relayed messages and commands over long-distance communications your efforts managed to crack in on.