[26] Breach

This chapter will not be primarily the reader's perspective.
[]======[]

Meanwhile on the Other Side of HQ...

Tails was working diligently on the cure project as data from Sonic began to pour into the data server. Refining it and altering the state of a fresh virus sample, he was able to easily make up a test cure. He watched it as it mixed with the virus... And to his bewilderment, the cells of the metal virus began to deteriorate and turn to dust, reforming into living, organic cells once more.

"Eureka!" the little fox cheered, throwing his hands in the air at his achievements. "This is incredible. I have it!"

He rushed over to his computer, typing everything into a data server plate to store the information. "This has to get to the control room as soon as-"

BANG. A massive crash came through Tail's door. Above him, the lights flickered simultaneously. The power was gone, thankfully right after the data successfully went into the drive. HQ lost power.

Startled, Tails flailed backwards to avoid getting hit by the zombot, throwing his arm in the air, and tossing the fragile server plate onto the ground, shattering it's form as pieces went flying.

"No.. No- NO NO!"

A dull emerald zombot burst into the doorway, stammering into Tail's lab. Although the fox spent most of his time in this room, he was able to recognize this infected mobian with a cool jacket they had on- Tails realized that this was a refugee already inside HQ. How'd it get in? Was HQ breached?

Right now, that didn't matter to him. He may have been scared, but he was ENRAGED. The fox darted behind a curtain, and a loud noise came from behind it. The power had cut off the wired and tubed hanging from the machine that bounced up and down with energetic excitement. The legendary walker Tails had built. It was in pristine, navy blue and gold condition, and he stared down the infected that made it inside.

"I had it. I was so close." Tails growled to himself when the zombot didn't respond. It was unable to-  The fox raced forwards in his walker, squishing the poor zombot underfoot and racing through the halls of HQ.

"OH WOW! IT'S THE WALKER HAHA!!!" A very energetic and unconcerned voice rang out from above.

"Not now Tangle. Let's get moving!"

"Does that mean I can.. RIDE IT!?" Tangle the lemur has appeared, hanging from the ceiling by her strong tail that snaked through the support beams.

"Just get on!" Tails yelled. The fangirling primate jumped on the back of Tail's walker, and they began to race down hallways, blasting zombots out of the way as those who remained fled past them.

Tangle, of course, was cheering behind Tails as she watched chaos unfold. "WEEEEEEE HEH HEH EEEEEEE!"

. . . . .

The Walker ran down towards the hangar, where the most chaos had begun, Charmy was suddenly back, which alerted that already frantic Tails to the flying infected.

Like a professional equestrian rider, Tangle stood up on the back of the walker, yelling, "Whisper, TAKE IT AWAY!"

At that moment, a hyper quick ray of orange was shot at Charmy, stunning him to the ground. Vector and Espio cried out for their friend. Gante grabbed their shoulders to turn them away, "Don't make the same mistake again."

Regretfully, the two members of Team Chaotix sighed, and they began to run behind the escaping refugees.

You were in quick pursuit, the Walker close behind. Whoever made that shot jumped from their position and followed too, coming up to your right.