[7] Civilan

On the way home, you told Vector and Espio your story and what your mission was now. The two seemed much more understanding and mature than the younger members like Tails and Rouge who kept sending you mixed signals.

"I had heard that the Wolf encouraged you to join his side, however, I was unaware that you were kidnapped by him assuming you were a Freedom Fighter." Espio was much more curious about your old battle plans and strategies while Vector mourned the loss of your corrupt youth like the gator dad he was. He missed Charmy, deeply, and was mostly quiet on the ride home.

"You seem like a nice kid (Y/n), what happened?" Espio asked for the third time, curious about what switches in your brain told you to join the Wolf.

"I think a civilian suddenly being granted massive mounts of power got to me- it was cool but I do regret how I had to use it..." At this point, you were starting to get tired of the questioning... "but now I use it for good, my skills and such." You patted the helmet that sat next to you, the signature of your armored look.

"Well thank you for coming to help us." Espio gave a final nod, using his reasoning to see you were indeed, tired of the questioning. He then looked to Vector who was staring out a window, zoned out. He ahd never seen the gator unfocused before.

The leader snorted as he was awoken from his trance and looked at you and Espio. "Sorry I-

"-Thinking about Charmy?" You asked him gently. Vector huffed and nodded. "I said we'd get him back right?"

"I hope so- either we go get him ourselves or we find a cure." Vector felt more confident at the thought of taking matters into his own hands.

"Tails is working on a cure already back at Restoration HQ." You added, making the gator dad and Espio smile, knowing that there was some hope.

"Glad to hear that, it'll come in real handy if someone gets infected from the Freedom Fighters, euh- other than Sonic that is." Vector scratched his chin at the mention of their greatest hero's handicap.

"WHAT?!" You yelled out loud. Your eyes widened, shocked to hear that. Sonic the Hedgehog, the Blue Blur and the fastest thing in the world had been infected? There was no way-

"(Y/n) SHH SHH!" Vector flew up from his chair and covered your mouth. Slowly, you sat back down and he whispered close, "We haven't told the public or the soldiers, we don't want to cause a panic."

You nodded with your mouth agape and sat back down, "I had no idea, is he gone 'gone' already?"

Thankfully, Vector was able to give some clearance to that sudden reveal. "No, apparently he can run off the infection. He was actually at the docks right before you arrived but had to speed off due to it spreading already."

A close call to meeting Sonic- you were starting to be lesser afraid of meeting him, however, it had to happen at some point. He hadn't really come up in conversation, probably as he was too busy or once again, the Freedom Fighters were keeping information from you.

"That's a relief, he's probably been extremely helpful. When I first got to HQ, Rouge told me he was distracting a horde just so our truck could get into the gate safely-" You leaned back more comfortably in your chair. "And now he's probably distracting the Seaside City horde."

"(Y/n), you said you were from Seaside City right? Before you were captured by Wolf?"

You nodded, "Yeah, that's right."

"So it was probably rough seeing your home in that shape huh?" Vector was finally talking more, missing out on your previous conversation. It was coming back to him.