[30] Where's Olive

I got the title inspiration from How To Train Your Dragon, a song from the first movie called: Where's Hiccup.

⚠️Content Warning for Death and Blood,
[]======[]

The next thing you saw after falling through the green portal was green grass. Dazed, you failed to notice your fall was comforted by a body below you.

"EY EY EY! Get your muggled web paws off of her." A large black dragon raced through the crowd towards you as you lay on whatever was below you, some chest breathing up and down as it rose and fell. As your eyes flickered open, you saw maroon and white... a little bit of gold... 'EWW NO!'

You scrambled to your aching legs, throwing your arms out like a startled cat (unless you are one of course), and raced on all fours out of the way and off of Dr. Starline. With that awkward dismount, you rolled into Gante standing above you. He grabbed your hand and held you behind him, protecting you from the villains.

You growled at first, knowing you could very well protect yourself, but- you appreciated the dragon's stark protection of you. The freedom fighters probably heard about what happened, Gante- he must be traumatized... You were all he had left. Sonic was right, he really did want to protect you as a father figure. It made you smile.

As the heroes surrounded the tumbled villains, someone grabbed your arm to pull you up. Whoever it was, was way too strong with their grip, and spike from their gloves tried not to poke you.

"Are you ok Ma'amm— WHAT." He dropped you, jumping back. Shaking his confused head, the red echidna blinked and rubbed his eyes in disbelief. "(N/n)-"

Your eyes widened- "WH- KNUCKLES? BUT_ I- what... I thought I watched Wolf kill you?-"

"I thought you died too until the freedom fighters told me you were being released from prison. I don't like you being here but they trust you so- I guess it's fine then." Knuckles shrugged, turning and tilting his head away.

(Optional) He opened one of his eyes to look at you, the new you from 5 years of change. Knuckles finally turned around, "Nice scar though."

(Optional) You placed a hand on your forehead where your famous scar was. That's right. Knuckles gave you that during the final fight aboard Wolf's airship. You chuckled, "Hehe, Thanks." winking at the warrior. Now that you were on the good side, Knuckles had more respect for you and your experience in battle.

"Ooouhhhh... boy...." Eggman was rubbing his head, a cartoonishly large bump forming on his bald head. Starline was still laying on his back, but his eyes were open in a panic as freedom fighters began to loom over him. Metal, however, zoomed in front of Eggman as Sonic approached the doctor.

"What are you doing here Eggman- You're got something up your sleeve even if theres no army here. Why's that HUH!? You better tell me or I'll infect you myself." The hero stuck a finger out at the villain, threatening him with his own dangerous creation. Amy was close behind, holding her hammer with glowing eyes, angry and not wanting to give Eggman even a chance.

"WELL! Pea-brain over there..." Eggman pointed over his shoulder to Starline, who managed to finally get up and dust himself off. The platypus narrowed his eyes in suspicion when Eggman called him out. The Dr. continued his story, that, "-decided to let the Deadly Six onto the Faceship. And now they've taken it over."

You and Knuckles stepped forwards, listening to Eggman's ramble. Knuckle's eyes watched and he listened in suspicion, but you stepped forwards.

"I can corroborate Eggman's claim since I was taken there after- the incident at Barricade Town..." You gestured to Eggman, (e/c) eyes narrowed in anger to those events.