[27] Our Last Option 🎨

As the two ships fly to the last safe location on the planet, Sonic speeds through city after city to run off the infection. There are no people left to save, not anymore. The hedgehog is worn out with rings under his eyes, and soon finds himself in Barricade Town where this all started. There, he notices a suspiciously egg shaped man...

[]======[]

Back to Y/n's Perspective

A group of girls sat in a few jump seats to the rear of the passenger rescue ship, comforting a crying Cream. In the commotion, she had lost her mother in the crowd and couldn't find her on the ship. That meant she was left behind...

Tangle had her tail wrapped around the girl to keep her warm and comforted. She whimpered on your lap and Whisper was awkwardly holding her paw in hers. Amy stood by watching, feeling for the poor rabbit's pain. She's lost everything.

"Cream, do you want to talk about it with me?" you muttered in a calm, sweet voice, trying to appeal to the little girl. She took deep breaths and sniffled from the tears.

The small rabbit peaked over your arms and looked to Amy, saying that... "I'm sorry I can't smile warm sunshine anymore Miss Amy."

"Oh Cream..." Amy's shoulders dropped and her eyes closed, "Please don't feel that you need to be our only sunshine. You are so amazing, and your mom would be so happy to know you were keeping spirit as high as you could." The pink hedgehog knelt down to Cream and also pet down her ears.

Cream eventually sat up properly. Tangle loosened her tail, Whisper let go of her little paw, and you still sat close to her. Adding that, "Vanilla would be very proud."

"Here." Amy reached for Cream and took her into her arms. "Thank you girls, I'll handle her for now. Get some rest ok?"

The three of you nodded, just a lemur, wolf, and (m/s) hanging out, never quite properly getting to know each other.

"So, you're the almighty (N/n) right? You were super destructive but also super cool back then!" Tangle's eyes widened and she bit her lip in excitement, now getting to fangirl over someone like you, even if it was in the past you.

"Wow, a compliment to my past self? That's-odd. But yeah, to be called that, but (N/n) died with the war. You can just call me (Y/n)." you confirmed, standing up to show the curious lemur your armor, or what was left of it. Your helmet was still missing and one of your gloves was gone.

"What's it even made of if you've been protected from the virus? When Sonic ran by he mentioned you fought an infected Shadow and won! SO COOL!"

"Yeah, what is it?" Whisper finally spoke, most likely asking so she could improve her armor as well. After all, despite your displeasure for the familiar wolf you two were very similar, and you shouldn't be holding that memory against her. She wasn't involved anyways.

"I- really don't know. My uh- superior made it while I was still contained and forced to train for his war." You slid off one of the pieces around your waist, examining the material. After all your fights, the paint job was starting to rub off, exposing a carbon-fiber black underneath it with a little bit of metallic silver.

"Imma just call it Adamantium unless someone says otherwise." Tangle waved a finger in the air to proclaim her own metal.

"Isn't that a fictional super metal?" Whisper added. Tangle looked surprised that her friend knew what that was. In her mind, that meant you had read comics despite how she acted like she never had fun.

"It is. " You and the lemur agreed.

"I like it though. We'll call it that even if it's just normal Titanium or something. It's not that heavy though thankfully." You tossed the piece over to Whisper who caught it in one hand, moving her mask to the side to examine it.

She then gave it to Tangle who placed her face right against the mystery medal. "Ooooh, it's (warm/cold)." And then she- sniffed it for some reason, in one big whiff. What a weird mobian.

You took it back awkwardly, "It comes from my nickname after all."
(If you have powers decided which it fits).

"Makes sense." Tangle added, sitting back down on her tail like a cushion, "...but you want us to call you (Y/n) right?"

"Right."

"Ok, sounds good," Tangle gave a thumbs up. Whisper simply nodded.

. . . . .

Your group chatted until you reached a skyscraper rooftop, high above a city where infected were roaming far below, unable to keep their goopy bodies together to reach the top.

"Ok, we're doing a transfer." Amy walked out with Cream by her side, holding her hand as she walked. "(Y/n), you can get back on the Endurance and the survivors on there will join the main passenger ship."

"Okie." You jumped off of your seat and walked towards the exit as the large door opened so you could see the SS Endurance. You looked back at your two new gal-pals, "I'll see you guys later, 'aight?"

"SEE YOU SOON CRAZY (M/S) GIRL!" Tangle cheered, while Whisper, per her name, stayed quiet and gently waved.

Chuckling at her energy, you stepped onto the concrete rooftop, traded places with passengers on the Endurance. They shuffled by quietly, depressed and scared about not being safe in a ship but for even a moment.

"(Y/n) WAIT!" Whisper called behind you, you appeared mysteriously a few feet away and grabbed your arm, pulling you back to the passenger ship.

"Whoa, miss me already? I thought you were quiet." You smirked at the usually quiet sniper, jokingly flirting with her.

"Not now (Y/n). Amy, come look." Whisper held you firmly even if you tried to pull away, her claws poking through her glows and being a little stabby against the skin of your wrist.

"What's wrong Whisper?" Amy gasped, then quieted down as to not alert the survivors, "(Y/n) isn't infected is she?!-"

"WHAT?!" You shriek.

Whisper continued to talk softly, "No no- look, I overheard your talk with Tails about... losing the data-"

'Wait a minute.'

" -Sonic safely returning his data analyser is our only option left-" Tails was sitting on one of the jump seats of the passenger rescue ship. Wallowing in sorrow at how much he lost, how important that was for it to just be taken away like that...

'Your placebo data analyser.'

"No it's not," You stepped forwards, nodding at the fox with a proud smile. Pulling up a sleeve to reveal your little fitbit Tails gave you for comparison data. Snapping off the loop you handed it over to Tails, "Let's give this to Sonic. That way he'll have another as a backup."

"(Y/n) you're a genius! How could I forget?" Tails jumped up and spun in the air with hit tails. "You keep it for now."

Amy put her foot down, "We're back in the game! (Y/n). Get to Sonic as fast as you can."

"Right away!" You turned tail and booked it to the Endurance. "Olive, let's get going. We've got a hedgehog to catch. To where this whole mess started.

Barricade Town.

[]======[]
Important announcement upcoming, it's good to read but it's basically a content warning. I won't specific which if you're ok with that kind of stuff and don't want to be spoiled based on what kind of content warning it is.

Chapter Length @1280 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda