ready or not.

Delilah could feel her body moving subtly back and forth. A gentle rocking sensation that lulled her into a state of calm, like she was floating on the ocean. It was putting her back to sleep and she was just so tired.

She groaned as the rocking increased and it caused her to spit dirt from her mouth. The grit had settled between her teeth and tasted worse than anything she had ever consumed before.

With the dirt cleared still lingering on her lips she realized someone was shaking her. It was soft movement, but when the hand settled tenderly on her shoulder she flinched away.

"Hey, come on Delilah, we need to get you out of there."

Delilah cracked her eyes open and saw Deaton was leaning down to her and offering his hand. She tried to sit up as she spit out more dirt and wiped the back of her mouth with her hand. Her legs were warm as she reached down to remove the blanket that must of been wrapped around her. She was confused as the fabric she was looking for gave away to more dirt.  

Where the hell was she?

Grabbing onto his hand, Deaton was pulled from her spot and she soon realized she was half buried underneath the Hale house.

"I don't understand." She whispered to Deaton with a frightened expression. The last thing she remembered was talking to Stiles on the phone.

He gave her a concerned look as he pulled some of the leaves from her hair and tried to remove as much dirt from her as possible. After flicking a twig onto the wooden floor, he got up and moved to help someone else.

Derek was laying next to the hole in the floor she was just pulled out of with his hand extended out to her. His eyes were closed and dried blood coated his arm.

"Derek!" She gasped and crawled over to him as fast as her aching body would allow.

"He is fine, but he will be weak." Deaton tried to sooth her.

Delilah nodded but did not break her concentration from Derek. She watched intently as his chest steadily rose and fell as he took in deep breaths.

"We just need to wake him up."

Deaton pulled out a long thin whistle from his pocket. Delilah looked at him with confusion.

"Dog whistle." He answered simply. He lifted it to his mouth.

"Can I do it?" She asked. "Can I wake him up?"

Deaton smiled and passed her the whistle. She brought the small mouth piece to her lips and blew. She didn't hear much but her ears felt a slight shift in pressure.

Derek shot up from his spot and looked around him with confusion before tackling Delilah to ground. He was checking her over for any injuries.

"Can I keep this?" She asked Deaton as Derek was turning her around in his arms to sniff her. It could come in handy.

He nodded as he watched the couple. Derek licked a long strip up her neck as he looked at her with red eyes.

"Derek, Derek." Deaton snapped his fingers a few times to gain the alpha's attention. "I need you to look at me."

Derek tore his eyed away from Delilah to glare at the vet. Delilah was being forced behind him as he tried to take a defensive stance. He let a low growl out but Delilah didn't think it sounded to threatening as she looked at Deaton over Derek's shoulder.

"You're going to be weak for the next several hours." Deaton continued, ignoring Derek's warning.

Derek stopped when he realized Deaton was not a threat, though he kept a watchful eye on the man. Delilah moved to slip under his arm.