𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

two weeks

two weeks.

it has been two weeks since eun decided to take that "break" that she's been anticipating for god knows how long.

to say the least, it has been refreashing.

she's been paying less attention to boys and rather to her friends and studies. ever since she's been focusing on everything but her books, ofcourse her grades drastically went down. it's been a high concern from her teachers and her parents.

eun sat at her desk, phone in her hand as she picked her "relaxing vibez" playlist on spotify and the first song to play was rewind by twice.

she plugged in her earphones, stretching to get her body ready for some endless studying she's been missing out on. and began.

eun didn't miss studying but rather the relaxing feeling of when she did. she always played a soft song, curtains closed, bedroom locked and sitting at her desk, the only light being her dim lamp.

her black hair tied in a loose low ponytail, a few hair strands falling on her face and she wrote effortlessly in her neat hangul handwriting.

landing on a difficult math question, eun nibbled her lower lip in habit when she was confused. she tried multiple times to solve the sum but never succeeding resulting in her obvious frustration, she even took out one of her earphones.

the girl felt like banging her head on the table and wondered why she even picked pure maths instead of maths literature.

worst decision.

"mimi." she heard a knock and the sound of her father calling for her on the other side of the door, a dry cough following after.

eun unlocked the door and saw her father standing there in his home clothes and robe draping over his shoulders, skin pale and just looking sickly. a very surprising state of her father's as he was normally all suited up.

"i'm not feeling too well today, mind getting some medicine for me and going grocery shopping for me?" he asked, voice raspy and scratchy- and coughing once again.

"sure, bàbā (dad)." she said in concern of his state. she's never seen him like this before, this sick.

eun being the sweet daughter she is (not really) she agreed and her father lended her the money and list of needed necessities before disappearing into his beadroom.

the raven haired snuggled into her coat, grocery list shoved in her fluffy baguette bag along with the money and her phone.

.
.
.

"cheese, done. now i need some milk." eun muttered, dropping a pack of cheese slices into her cart before pushing her cart.

she had her earphones plugged in, still playing some soft tunes like what she was playing right now: i can't love you anymore by iu and oh-hyuck, one of her favourites.