Chapter 2 - ShadowFlock

Layla glanced around the flock camp, there were caves as it was on a mountain. "This is ShadowFlock, our leader is actually an electric dragon but he is quite strong." Flame said, as he looked at Layla. Jack huffed as he flew off, Cloud and Zara following. Thorn looked over at one cave, the largest with a waterfall covering it. "That's where our Leader stays." Thorn said.

"Well let's go meet him!" Layla said cheerfully, she couldn't wait to become a member. The three flew over to the Leader's cave and stopped at the entrance. "Hey Damion, we have a fledgling who would like to join. She has been shown to have a very strong fire." Flame said.

Damion slowly stepped out, his scales were purple and white exactly like the ones of the dragon who killed Layla's mother. Her heart skipped a beat, as she glanced at Damion. Looking down at Layla, Damion showed no sign of recognizing her.

"Hm, very well. She may join." Damion said, as he went back into the cave. Layla's body slowly filled with fear, she wanted to fly away and never look back. Flame looked back, "Now since you're a fire dragon, you'll be staying in the fire den. Follow me." Flame said as he flew towards a cave. Stopping at the cave, Layla and Flame went inside. Wood piles were in the corners, giving light to the cave. Small twigged and feathered nests lay by, a few ways away from the fire. A dragon was laying in one, and two eggs were near her.

"Hey Coral, meet our newest fire dragon, Layla." Flame gestured to Coral. "Greetings Layla." Coral said sweetly. "Where's Luca?" Flame asked. "He's in the ice dragon den, our eggs are supposed to hatch today." Coral responded. Layla glanced at the two eggs, they were ice and fire dragon hybrids.

 Layla glanced at the two eggs, they were ice and fire dragon hybrids

A few hours later, the eggs hatched. The young dragons were a boy and a girl, they were named Yumie and Coranna. Layla was out hunting with a blue dragon with beautiful black horns.The dragon's name was Echo, and Layla had some feelings for him. As the two flew through the air, Layla glanced down at a field. "I think they're might be some deer down there." She said, "Well, let's go check it out." Echo responded as they dived down. Landing, Layla glanced around for any signs of prey.

Then a brown dragon stepped out, his wings high and fire slowly coming from his mouth. "Oh great." Echo said, getting ready to shoot. Next came a blue dragon, he hissed as acid like water dripped from his mouth. A crystal white dragon popped out, a snowy breath swept from his mouth.

A beautiful large golden dragon landed from the sky, a fire-like breath from his mouth. A green and brown female dragon appeared, she seemed to be nervous. Electricity came from her mouth. "Who are they?" Layla asked.

"They're outcasts, dragons that aren't from a flock." Echo said, still staring at the outcasts. "The leader is the brown one, his name is Oscar." Layla glanced at Oscar, who stood brave and proud. "Hey Echo! Long time no see, heh." The blue dragon said with a smirk.

"Hey Dom, how's being an outcast goin for you." Echo responded. Dom hissed as he stepped forward, "Good thanks, who's this?" Dom said, glancing at Layla. With a growl, Layla tried to be menacing.

"I'm Layla, one of the strongest dragons you'll ever meet." She said, confidence in her voice. With a laugh, Dom glared at her. "Pebble, give this fledgling a piece of your element. Show her who we really are, not just some lonely group of outcasts. Fight her." Dom said, glancing at the crystal white one.

Pebble ran forward, "Let's go small one." He hissed. Layla ran forward, letting her fire out. The golden flame danced around Pebble, entwining itself with his neck. Pebble being an ice dragon, wasn't physically defensive for this. Jumping back, Pebble roared. The flame stopped as Layla glared at him.

Oscar stared in astonishment at Layla, "Huh, you're pretty strong." Dom shot out his acid water, it sprayed Layla right in the face as she felt a strong burn. Growling, she stomped her foot to the ground. "Hah, guess she didn't know that fire dragons are weak against water." Dom said.

Echo roared, as he eyed Dom. "Leave her be!" He yelled. Running towards Dom, Echo bit at his neck and used his body weight to attempt to force down Dom. With a snarl, Dom clawed at Echo's face. As blood dripped from Echo's face, he hissed at Dom.

Pebble glanced at Dom and Echo in fear, "They're going to kill each other!" He said, glancing at Oscar. The female dragon started to open her mouth, electricity swept towards the two water dragons, zapping them.  With a fall, the two hit the ground. Oscar hissed at the female dragon, "Kai, you shouldn't have done that!" He said. "They were going to kill each other." She said, as she looked away. Layla lay down as she breathed heavily, this was the first time she's gotten injured by another dragon.

Echo snarled as he stumbled near Layla, "Let's go Layla." He coughed.

Layla glanced at Echo as he was being treated by Aurora, ShadowFlock's healer

Layla glanced at Echo as he was being treated by Aurora, ShadowFlock's healer. Coranna came up beside Layla and nudged her, "Hi!" Coranna said, her voice soft and high. "Oh hello Coranna, where's your mother?" Layla asked, as she looked down at the small dragon.

"Talking to father in one of those smelly caves!" Coranna said, a giggle in her voice. "There we go, all better." Aurora said, as she started putting her herbs away. "Is he gonna be okay?" Layla asked, nervously.

"Yes, he's alright. No injured wings or anything like that." Aurora said. "We need to take care of those outcasts.." Echo said, a low snarl in his voice. "Perhaps Layla could go talk to Damion, I have to organize my herbs and treat other dragons." Aurora said, looking over at Layla. Layla could never be fine or even the least bit comfortable around Damion, he killed her mother. Perhaps being in a flock wasn't so great after all.