Chapter 8 - Chaos

Daisyfang sighed, "Since Redscratch is gone, we need a new alpha. My father is too weak to lead right now." She said, glancing around the pack. Mousefur stepped forward, his head high. "I will lead, I have always been close with your father and I'd gladly make him proud by taking his role." Mousefur said, confident.

Mousefur glanced behind him at the nearby bushes, "I've also gathered up some new members." He said, with a smile. Four new wolves walked out, two she-wolves and two male wolves. "The black and white one is Pebblefoot, the yellow-furred one is Luckypounce, the messy-furred one is Ashclaw, and the last one is Batleap."

Pebblefoot wagged her tail as she stepped up to the others, "I can't wait to help my new pack!" She said cheerfully, Badgerstripe eyed her with interest. Luckypounce stood high and proud, "Pebblefoot don't be so hyper." She said, trying to sound fancy.

Ashclaw and Batleap stared at each other and just laughed, "She-wolves, they're adorable am I right?" Ashclaw said with a giggle. Batleap nodded, and looked over at Luckypounce. Mousefur leapt up onto the session stone, looking down at his new pack. Stormybark stepped forward, concerned. "Are we not going to talk about how Redscratchs body had that red electricity?" She asked, looking around the pack.

Mousefur looked over at Stormybark, "The leaders and alphas have really thought of a reason for what happened, but there is a dragon and a wolf who may be able to help with this." He responded, glancing towards the trees.

Whiteshade stepped forward, "You don't mean Hedwig and Micco?" Whiteshade asked, glaring at Mousefur. Mousefur nodded, and sighed. "They are members of the council, the ones who formed our shared lives of wolves and dragons." Whiteshade glanced around the pack, "Well if it's a journey, then you must pick wolves to go visit them."

Mousefur stood high, "I know that, and I have decided already. It will be Me, Ashclaw, Longtail, and you Whiteshade." He explained, hopping off the rock. Ashclaw bowed his head, "Thank you, Mousefur." He said, nicely. "I will be putting Daisyfang in charge while I'm gone, now let's go." Mousefur said, as he walked off.

Mousefur kept his head high as they trekked through the forest, Ashclaw close behind

Mousefur kept his head high as they trekked through the forest, Ashclaw close behind. Longtail walked behind with Whiteshade, looking around curiously. "So what exactly is the council?" Ashclaw asked, curious. "The council is full of our first leaders, and alphas. They helped form the pact and our bond between each other, after they passed on their leaderships to others, they moved away." Whiteshade explained.

"After we're out of this part of the forest we'll be in the swamp areas." Mousefur said, looking forward. "We should have brought a dragon with us so they could bring us there." Longtail sighed, as he kept going. Then a rattle was heard, Mousefur and the others stopped abruptly.

Whiteshade sniffed the air, "It's the raptors." He murmured, his claws digging into the dirt. A low growl was heard nearby as a yellow and red raptor stepped out, his head feathers slowly perking up. Ashclaw snarled a bit, "I've never seen a raptor before." He said, staring at the raptor.

"Hmm, well I've seen a mutt before. What are you mutts doin' out here by yourselves?" The raptor said, eyeing the group curiously. Mousefur looked up at the raptor, his fangs showing. "I am Mousefur, alpha of Grimpack." He said, glaring at the raptor.

"I am Radar, a member of the raptor pack, Scarpack." Radar said, snarling at Mousefur. A green and purple raptor leapt out, growling at the wolves. "Hey Violet, is Slash nearby?" Radar said, looking over at Violet. 

"No, he's with the others at our camp." Violet responded, glancing at the wolves with beady eyes. "We need to visit some of our friends, could you two let us pass." Whiteshade blurted out, annoyed. Rader glanced at Whiteshade and laughed, "Violet look, they want a fight!" He said, crazily.

Mousefur snarled, as Ashclaw dug his claws into the ground. Longtail growled and jumped at Violet, scratching at her shoulder with his back claws. Violet shook herself, trying to get rid of Longtail as he bit into her neck. Radar began to chirp, calling for others."

Mousefur leapt at Radar, biting his jaws furiously. Ashclaw jumped on Radar's back, biting his neck. Whiteshade ran at Violet, and bit her leg. Violet growled, as she bit at Whiteshades shoulder. Shaking his head, Radar knocked Mousefur to the ground.

"Take down these ones, I'll check for other raptors." Mousefur said as he ran into the bushes, checking for others. Radar shook his neck, "Get off you mangy mutt!" He roared. Ashclaw clawed at the sides of Radar's neck, as he dug his fangs into his neck.

With a painful roar, Radar wiggled his body desperately. Violet let go of Whiteshade, as she glanced over at Radar. "Leave my mate alone!" She cried out, trying to get free. Ashclaw ripped a piece of Radar's flesh from his neck, as he dug his claws into Radar's shoulders.

Radar collapsed, as he gave up. Violet snarled as she bit at Whiteshade with force, digging her teeth into his flesh. Whiteshade whimpered as he let go of her arm, his body slowly being pulled by her. Violet slammed Whiteshade against the ground nearby, as she wiggled her body. Longtail climbed up her neck, as he put both paws over her eyes, clawing them.

With a loud roar, Violet collapsed. Jumping off, Longtail glared at his work. Ashclaw ran over to Whiteshade, "Are you okay?" He asked, worried. Whiteshade coughed up blood, as his body made small movements. Longtail ran over and stopped beside Ashclaw, "He's dying."

Ashclaw looked over at Longtail in fear, "What? We need to save him!" He said, scared. Mousefur ran back, as he breathed heavily. "We're safe, now we should go." He said, looking over. Ashclaw glanced back at Mousefur, "Whiteshade is dying." Ashclaw said, sadly.

Mousefur's eyes widened, as he walked over. Whiteshade lay there, as his body weakly made movements. "Whiteshade.." He said, looking down at Whiteshade. Whiteshade's body slowly stopped moving, the last of his air leaving his body. Mousefur howled in pain, as Longtail and Ashclaw joined in.