Part 27

It's been a few days since Zoella confessed her secrets to her friends. They made quite a ruckus when they caught a glimpse of Ezekiel as he escorted her back to the dorm.

"I'm bored."

Margaret mumbled. The four of them were in Zoella's mini laboratory since today was a day off.

There was a banquet at the Imperial palace and all nobles were obliged to come.

It said all nobles, therefore the students in the Academy were included. Because it feels unfair for only the nobles could take a leave, Edwin decided to nullify the class just for today.

That was why Zoella and her friends hung out in her mini-laboratory in the morning to get rid of their boredom.

They would talk about random things or joke around while keeping Zoella accompanied.

"Well, what do you want to do?"

Zoella asked as she continued her practice. Margaret glanced at Zoella and smirked.

"How about you take us to your meeting spot?"

"Huh?"

Zoella's hand that was stirring some liquid in a cauldron stopped. She looked at Margaret who was still smirking.

"That's a good idea. I am also curious about that place."

Warren chimed in.

"Come on, Zoe. We're just curious is all."

This time, Lilian sided with the two of them.

Zoella sighed as she continued her hand movements. There was no reason for her to keep that place a secret.

However, she already knew that they would scold her if they know just how far the lake is.

"Come on, Zoella. We're bored to death here."

"Don't say something dreadful like that. Fine, I'll take you."

The three of them cheered because Zoella finally give in. Zoella poured the liquid in the cauldron into the smaller bottles and closed them tightly before they go.

During their walk, Zoella looked around the forest to observe the herbs.

Although she came to the forest often, she still couldn't figure out the location of some plants. It seemed that their location changed whenever she went to the forest.

That was why Zoella always looked around her surroundings and became her habit. She also suddenly stopped every so often to pick up some herbs.

"Zoe, did you always do this whenever you go to the forest?"

Warren asked.

"Of course. This is the main reason I go to the forest."

"Is that so?"

Zoella was annoyed looking at Warren's teasing face. His expression showed that he didn't believe Zoella's words.

"Whatever. This way."

Her friends chuckled as they found Zoella's reaction cute. Zoella has always put up a tough personality and it was rare for them to see Zoella act all flustered.

Seeing Zoella like this was kind of refreshing for them.

"We're here."

They finally arrived at the meeting spot. In front of them, there was a really big and beautiful lake that their jaw dropped the moment they saw it.

"Whoa, you found this pretty place and didn't even bother to tell us? You're cruel, Zoe."

Margaret said while still staring at the lake as if she had been hypnotized by it.

"I don't see him."

Warren mumbled. Zoella understood the 'him' that Warren said. It was definitely Ezekiel.

"I never said you'll be able to meet him if you come to this place."

Zoella grinned in victory. The annoyance she felt when Warren teased her was finally avenged. Warren scoffed as he looked around the lake.

"Zoe already mentioned that guy was a knight."

Lilian said. Warren looked at her while bewildered.

"So?"

"Sigh. The Knights also attend the banquet, you idiot."

"How would I know about that?"

Lilian rolled her eyes and chose to ignore him.

While letting her friends look around the lake, Zoella decided to sit under the tree, her usual spot. The wind breeze that caressed her cheeks lightly felt good that made Zoella feel a bit sleepy.

'I'll just close my eyes for a bit. It's not like I need to look after them 24/7.'

Zoella slowly closed her eyes and let her body relax for once.

A few minutes later, Zoella opened her eyes as she heard the sound of footsteps. Those sounds belonged to her friends who were making their way to her.

Zoella stretched her body trying to dispel her drowsiness.

"Done sightseeing?"

The three of them nodded and sat near her.

"Zoe, aren't you curious about the Imperial banquet?"

Margaret's eyes twinkled as she brought up the topic.

"Hm? Not really."

"She must be thinking about romantic things right now."

"I know right."

Lilian and Zoella whisper to each other not wanting to disturb Margaret.

"Just imagine, a gentleman comes to me and asks for a dance. We dance and dance all night as we fell in love. Ahh, how romantic."

"Yeah, but if you see it in another light, you can't even eat in peace once you see Grand Duke Lucelence."

Margaret fell silent. Not only Margaret. Warren who brought up the topic and Lilian also didn't say a thing. The atmosphere became heavy for some reason.

"Grand Duke Lucelence? Who's that?"

"Ah right. Zoe is new in the Capital. Well, Lucelence Grand Duchy and the Imperial Family are still related by blood. However, the Grand Duke is known for his notoriousness.

"He spent two years on the battlefield and some said that he was crazy for blood. He's merciless to those who opposed him."

"He also has an ominous aura around him that no one dared to approach him."

Zoella nodded as she understood what her friends trying to tell her.

"But that was just rumors, right? We never see him in person so we don't how he is. Just like what happened to me on our first day."

"You... have a point."

Warren and Lilian nodded in agreement.

"But the thing I told you about the battlefield, it was true. I heard it from my father since he also participated in the war. Well, I don't know if something was added to it or not though."

"He just doing his job and I'm sure the people he killed were the enemies. And if we think of it in another way, he killed the enemy to protect our people, no?"

"Well, you're right."

"That's that but we need to be careful if we ever meet him. He's a noble and has more power than the nobles we know. Even I don't have any courage to face him."

"As if we'll be able to meet him. We're just commoners so our chance is nearly zero."

"That's right. But still, in the banquet..."

"Margaret..."

And so, the four of them continued their conversation. And without their knowledge, the person they were talking about was hiding behind the bushes while covering his blushing face.