◈Chapter 13

~◈At the training camp (right when Y/n left)◈~

Bokuto's Pov:

"Um, so apparently I have to go, see ya."

What?

Before I could even utter a response, Y/n took off.

How could she leave now? Everyone was starting to love her.

"...Y/n?"

I raced to find the rest of the team when I found Akaashi filling up his water bottle.

"AKAASHI"

"Hm?"

"Someone came... to pick up Y/n... and so I told her that someone was there and she was like I have to go and like- she LEFT!"

"Bokuto calm down, tell me what happened, but slowly this time." Akaashi requested, lifting an eyebrow at Bokuto's worried pacing.

"Y/n had to LEAVE for some reason- and I don't think she's coming back"

"What?! Why?"

"I don't know?!"

"She didn't tell you?"

"NO!"

"We could ask Coach Nekomata, he seemed to know a lot about Y/n."

"I don't feel like walking around the entire campus. "

"Bokuto you're almost a grown man. C'mon," Akaashi said, already leaving to find the Coach.

"Wait for me!!"

After searching for about a minute, Akaashi and I found him.

"Hello Coach Nekomata," Akaashi started.

"Hello, may I help you?"

"Do you know what happened to Y/n and why she left...?"

"Oh about that, it's complicated, really."

"...what do you mean?"

"Family issues. I'm sorry boys but I don't think she's going to be returning," he said, sipping a cup of coffee completely unbothered.

"Okay... thanks for helping us, goodbye," Akaashi hesitated.

We both turned around and started wandering off. Family problems? I don't want to be disrespectful but I'm extremely curious and I want to know what happened to her and her situation.

"What do you think happened," I began.

"I don't know, but it's best we stay out of her business."

"But don't you want to know why she left?"

"..."

"Follow me," Akaashi continued after visibly shooting a look of uncertainty.

After a short walk, we were in an office.

Mr. L/n's office?

"Akaashi? What are we doing here?"

He left no response but motioned for me to come with him and observe a sticky note with a phone number on it.

"This is Y/n's dad's office," Akaashi said, picking up the sticky note.

"Dial this phone number real quick for me, yea?" Akaashi requested, with a playful smile. He never smiles like that. What is he planning? 

I picked up my phone from my small pocket and typed in the slanted letters neatly written on the paper. I then gave it to him.

"Thanks," he said, putting the phone to his ears, then clearing his throat.

Attempting to listen in on the conversation, I hear a faint man's voice answering Akaashi.

~

'Hello? Who is this?'

'Hello, this is Yasufumi Nekomata, assistant manager of the Training Camp and head coach of the Nekoma High boys' volleyball club.'

'Okay, what may I help you with?'

'I need your daughter's phone number, she missed some information given to her at the camp today.'

'I'll message you the phone number quickly if that's okay with you. Thank you, goodbye,' he said, quickly hanging up.

~

"Akaashi- you did not just do that," he jokingly gasped.

"Can't believe that worked," he responded laughing.

"Well, put her phone number into my contacts, hurry, we have a practice game soon."

Y/n's pov (present time) :

I started packing all my stuff to move out of the house when I heard my phone buzzing. The only problem was that I lost it in all my clothing. After searching a while for it, I found it in the back pocket of my own pants I was wearing. How convenient. I answered to an unknown number.

Y/n: "Hello? Who is this?"

Bokuto: "HEY HEY SHE FINALLY ANSWERED AKAASHI COME OVER HERE"

Y/n: "Bokuto? What the-- how did you even get my number?"

Bokuto: "We broke in to your da- "

Akaashi: "HAHA- we broke in to nothing. He's just being goofy. He was gonna say we just asked Coach Nekomata for your number, right Bokuto?"

Bokuto: "uh..."

Y/n: "Uhm. Okay?"

Bokuto: "So, why did you leave?"

Akaashi: "So insensitive!"

Y/n: "I- You know what. I'll text you when I arrive over there."

I then hung up and dialed another number.

"Hiroshi? I need a favor."

-

-

A/n-

me posting a chapter after like 7 months: 

Anyways here's this I made bc I completely forgot I had people waiting for a new chapter 🤣🤣😹😹😹🤞🤞😘😘