《 Chapter 8: Temple of Master Emerald 》

Meanwhile, Robotnik, Knuckles, Y/N, who's all chained up, and some Badniks arrive at an island not too far from there via a Ring.

"The owls were fools to think they could hide this." Knuckles said, holding the golden compass.

"Hey! You don't get to insult the owls like that. For me, they did their best to prevent you from making the same mistake you're going to regret."

Knuckles scoffs, ignoring her. Using his control glove's scanner, Robotnik locates a pedestal in the sand.

"Huh." Knuckles hummed and placed the compass onto the pedestal.

Soon after, a mystical mechanism is activated as it shows the emerald green lines tracing on the ancient symbols of the owl, and the trail of green moves far ahead in the sea.

"What's happening?" Knuckles asked.

Robotnik holds up his finger.

"Wait for it."

Then the sea in front of them split apart to reveal an ancient temple in the middle of it.

"Oh!" Robotnik exclaimed in surprise.

"Whoa!" Y/N exclaimed, just as surprise as him.

Knuckles' eyes widened in shock. Robotnik laughed, looking excited like a child receives a birthday present.

"Yes! Eureka! I've found it!"

The sea spread apart to reveal stairs for them to enter. Y/N did not like where this is going.

"Come on."

Knuckles grabs her arm where there's no chains rather gently and guides her down the stairs.

"You know I can walk on my own. I'm not going anywhere."

He said nothing and just kept walking downstairs with Robotnik and Badniks following behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on Hawaii, after rescuing them, Maddie is tending to the unconscious Tails when she, Sonic, Tom and a bound and gagged Walters notice storm clouds and a green pillar of energy in the horizon.

"Sonic? What is that?" Tom asked worriedly.

Sonic recognizes it and looks worried.

"A big problem. The compass led Robotnik to the emerald."

"That's gotta be hundreds of miles away." Maddie guessed, seeing how far the temple is.

"Alright, huddle up. We figure out the plan. Together."

"There's no time for that. I'm the only one that can get there fast enough." Sonic shook his head.

"Sonic, this is way too big for you to do by yourself." Maddie said, disagreeing with him.

Sonic turns to them.

"You see that little fox over there? He came all the way across the universe to meet his hero, and what does hero do? I practically got him killed. Not only that, but I left my sister behind and now she's in the hands of Robotnik. You know what? You were right. My moment came and I blew it. I'm no hero."

"Wait..." Tom started.

"No, I'm not letting anyone else get hurt because of me. I'm gonna fix this while I still can. I'll get my sister back."

Sonic then runs off.

"Sonic!"

Tails wakes up immediately after.