(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞) forks, washington

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

FORKS WAS A VERY QUAINT TOWN in the fact that there weren't many people who lived there. Estella liked the idea of a small town. Everyone knew everyone. It was sweet, the way locals talked about each other. It was a shame due to their constantly shortening time that they wouldn't be able to linger long enough to be old regulars laughing in the pub over younger days.

There were downsides to living in a small town of course in the idea that it was very difficult to go unnoticed. As soon as the five shiny cars and expensive motorbike rolled into the town and didn't come out of the woods on the far side, talk started like wild fire.

The Cullens didn't really help themselves. Not only did they pick the location themselves after extensive research and knowledge about the people and the jobs and the opinions but they also never kept a low profile. The cars said that much. Mercedes, Volvo, Ferrari and the rather loud Harley-Davidson. None of the town regulars had come far enough to see their house but if they had done that would've increased the talk.

The Cullens were wealthy, too wealthy. It was hard to ask questions about this. Carlisle was a doctor, a well renowned doctor and this answered most of the questions for everyone. It was unlikely that their next guess would be that the smallest of the Cullen children could predict the future and therefore saw which stock markets to invest into. That probably wouldn't even be guess number fifty seven.

So they were safe from prying eyes and clueless words but it didn't help to become the talk of the town. Carlisle was all about getting to know people as soon as he could, quench any unwanted judgments that would be unfairly made. The others weren't as keen.

Estella was new to the whole moving around, pretending to be a normal family thing. This would be her second proper life with the Cullens, the first being Alaska. She'd never really had a chance to settle properly in Colorado after the whole Volturi, Montgomery coven, mind washing showdown that occurred in 1995. Two years after the marriage of Estella and Carlisle they'd had to move as some curious guy at the hospital had started asking too many questions about Carlisles perfect complexion.

However despite being the least settled in this life, she was probably the second most optimistic. She usually agreed with Carlisle on most fronts considering that he'd been doing this for the longest and was most definitely the smartest. He'd lived a near four hundred years without anyone figuring him out so Este guessed if they could all follow his lead they'd be fine.

The problem lay in the other five Cullens who had to continuously keep going through high school. Este imagined this was tedious but the younger they started in each town, the longer they could stay. That meant that Este and Carlisle were both twenty-two. As for the kids they all started slightly younger than they actually were (or looked considering they were all around centuries old).