(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) the mind that wasn't hers

✧✧✧

EMMETT BROKE THE DOOR THAT HE HIT AGAINST, his confusion had been his weakness. The wood shattered, the handle sticking into his back in such a way that it bent at an awkward angle. His hands hit the hardwood floor before he looked up slowly, anger in his eyes.

Este was on her feet now, staring at Carlisle with a strange expression. He brought himself slowly to stand, never taking his eyes off her even for a second. Este was breathing deeply even when she didn't need to.

Emmett took a couple of steps forward with narrowed eyes before Carlisle pushed him back, his hand hovering over his sons chest as he watched Este carefully. 

"Stella" he spoke gently, "tell us what's going on"

He's trying to distract you, kill him

Este moved forwards in an instant, pressing her hands against his throat as she shoved him to the floor. He hadn't been prepared for that. She leant over him, fingers digging so deep into his skin that cracks appeared there. His eyes widened in surprise, unable to say anything because of the pain he was feeling.

Emmett shoved her to the side after mere seconds and Este heard Carlisle gasp for the air he didn't need as she applied more cracks to the wall that Jasper had already been shoved against. Her hair was a mess now and she wasn't quite sure what she was doing but her mind convinced her this didn't really matter. Desire was too strong for the threads of rationality to stitch her conscience back together.

Este lunged at Emmett who was thrilled with the challenge. He tried to shove Este to the floor but she was too quick for him. Emmett may be stronger but he certainly wasn't faster. Este ducked under his arm and shoved him forwards so he collided with the broken table in front of his eyes.

Jasper was trying his best to calm Este's emotions, she could feel the small twinges on her mind as she turned and grabbed hold of his arms. Jasper yelled out in surprise and pain as Este put all her strength into ripping them from him. Alice jumped forwards now, wrapping her arms around Este's waist and forcing her back.

"Este you've got to stop this" Jasper called desperately. Alice pushed Este towards Emmett who was on his feet again. Before he could get his bear like arms around her, Este dived forwards and pushed Alice to the floor. She called out in surprise as the back of her head collided with the floorboards.

"Stop it!" Carlisle called out in horror, grabbing one of Este's arms before she could press her hands to her daughters throat. Este stumbled, hitting his chest with her back before she turned and stared at him.

Kill him, you know you want to

Este went to strangle him again before Carlisle grabbed her wrists and tried to force her back away from him. She could see his face straining with the effort while she remained perfectly calm.

"Emmett!" Carlisle called as Este advanced.

Before Este could do anything, a strong arm wrapped around her neck. She felt herself wrenched back as the grip became tighter. Este grabbed at his arm attempting to break herself free. She scratched at the stone skin, trying to tear him away but Emmett would always be too strong. Although it cost him effort to do so, he didn't release his arm from around her, not even for a second.

"Stella, listen to me" Carlisle stood in front of her face, fingertips almost touching her cheeks, "this isn't you, Stella you need to find yourself"