The Winning Trio!

It wasn't long in the fight before Shoto froze the entire floor in a thin layer of ice. Izuku immediately started to put distance between him and his friend as Shoto built up icy obstacles all around from spikes to flat rocks.

Izuku decided to copy Mina's move in the earlier battle to skate across the ice. He used his staff to vault over an ice chunk blocking his way only to duck when a ball of fire launched right over his head.

"You have to be quicker than that, Sho!" Izuku called out, jumping through the air  onto another ledge of ice, sliding down with throwing waves of fire aimed near him to throw him off his course.

Shoto glared at him before Izuku felt a warmth grow from the bottom edge of his gym shirt. Izuku skated until he slammed back into an icy spike, losing the ice to stop the small flame from spreading.

With a huff, Izuku skated behind a line of ice spikes to block Shoto's view of him. Almost immediately he felt rushes of flames that started melting the spikes so Shoto could see where he was. Every two spikes he moved past, one spike melted down behind him. If he slowed down, Shoto would be right on top of him.

Then, instead of another flash of heat, Izuku felt a cold shiver down his spine while a shadow eclipsed him. He looked up to see a tower of ice stretching towards the ceiling of the stadium like a mini palace. It didn't reach the top, only stopping right at the middle section of the stadium seats.

Izuku frowned at the sight, hearing everyone ooh and ahh at the distraction. But he did feel a tug of a smile when he heard Natsuo's loud cheer from the audience.

Izuku suddenly turned past the last spike and headed immediately towards Shoto, lunging for him once he was in sight. Shoto aimed a spiral of flames towards him that he dodged by dropping onto his knees to slide under the fire.

He slid right up to Shoto who immediately started to block the attacks he made with his staff, resulting in his friend backing up. Shoto evaded most of his attacks until Izuku managed to stomp his staff into the ground, vaulting his body onto his friend.

Shoto fell backwards onto a pile of melting ice that broke into pieces when he landed. Izuku pushed him further back before pinning his legs down by sitting on top of them.

As they both caught their breath, Midnight called that Shoto was out of bounds.

Izuku, who just a moment ago was smirking while he rested on top of his friend's legs, huffed  at the declaration, "Aww. I wanted this to last longer."

"Too bad, you won fair and square," Shoto replied with ease, holding up his hands in surrender. He waited until Izuku climbed off his legs before slowly getting up on his own.  Kneeling down, he started to melt the ice to melt with his quirk. "And after I melt all of this, I'm going to go and warm myself up. I think I used a bit more ice then I intended to."

"I'm guessing you had to hold out on the fire because of the amount you were relying on the ice to form an obstacle for me."

"Nothing gets past you," Shoto mumbled with a fond look in his eyes.

Izuku laughed at his friend's response, glancing up to their class in the audience only to find Bakugo staring right down at him from the seats behind the railing.

*

In the class 1-A's section, many of the classmates were conversing with each other while they waited for the next battle between Bakugo and Iida to start. Ojiro, Kirishima and Uraraka were talking with one another about fighting while Hagakure and Mina gossiped with each other.

Shoto smiled as he sat beside Izuku as they both waited for the next match to start.  "Iida is going to kick his butt," Shoto declared, reclining in his seat with a relieve sigh.