Victory is ours!

Me and Kokichi hurry back to the hideout. There's caution tape and cameras, but no one watching. "Shit, cameras." I whisper under my breath.

"There!" Kokichi points to an item in the camera's blind spot, a can of silly string. He does some ninja moves or something and surprisingly gets to it without alerting the police any further. He sprays out the cameras and does a cartwheel in front of the door, followed by jazz hands. "Tada!"

I laugh and follow him in there. We looked and saw most of the weapons have been confiscated. Blood from Kokichi getting shot still lay on the wall, but that's all the blood.

Kokichi puts his hand over the wound and stares at the blood. I put my hand on his shoulder and turn him around. "Kokichi." I start.

"What are we?" I ask. He tilts his head in confusion. "We kissed, we fucked, we clearly both have feelings for each other."

Kokichi turns back around, escaping the grasp my hand had on his shoulder. "Boyfriends." He says. I perk up at that word. Boyfriend. I like that.

"Uh, anyways.." Kokichi said realizing what he said. "Let's go show the big boss man our evidence. I nod, a smile on my face.

We walk back-sneaking around at some points- to the police station. "Stay out here for a second." I say to the slightly shorter boy. He nods.

I knock on the boss's door. "Here goes nothing." I think to myself. "Come in." With that I entered the room, file in hand.

"Hello, Sir." I say.

"Hello Suichi. What brings you here on such a special day." He smiles, referencing the execution.

"Yeah, about that special part," I take a deep breathe and place the file on his desk. "Koki- or- Dice, didn't commit murder."

The boss flipped through the files, raising an eyebrow. "This is very different than the one I received."

"That's because the chief made Kirigiri change it. This is the real case. The one I was there to actually witness. Yes, Dice commit many crimes, but murder isn't one."

The boss looks up at me like I'm crazy, then directs his attention to the purple haired boy staring directly at us through the glass window, not making an effort to hide. I sigh.

"You come in too." He says.

"Hi, I'm Kokichi!" He enters the room with the utmost confidence, while I die.

"Did you help him escape?" My heart skips a beat and my eyes go wide with his tone. I hesitantly nod, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"Suichi, you can't do that." He sighs. "But, I'll take your different file into consideration and push the execution to tomorrow." I sigh in relief.

"If I find him not guilty for murder, there shall be no death, only time. Hear that purple boy?" The boss looks at Kokichi who nods with a smile.

"Return him to his cell."  With those commands, I set off with Kokichi and put him back in his cell.

"Shumai, don't leave!" Kokichi reaches out for me with his arm stretched through the bars. I'll be back in a little bit, don't worry. I say as I begin to walk away.

~~~~~~Time skip to next day~~~~~~~~

I was at home, watching t.v. Looking calm and relaxed, but I was panicking. What if they kill Kokichi. Suddenly, I get a phone call from...the boss!

I immediately pick up the phone. "Hello! This is Suichi Saihara!"

"Yes I know who you are."  He starts. "I found Kokichi, not guilty." I sigh of relief and smile. "Thank you sir." I say with the utmost sympathy.

"However, he and his friends are expected to serve their five years still."

"Whatever works. Thank you so much!" I thank him again."

"You're job is at high risk you know that? Befriending Kokichi and freeing him is unacceptable." I slouch down. "Im sorry sir."

The boss takes a deep breath. "Anyways. I promoted Kirigiri as chief. Meaning, the old one isn't your chief anymore for lying to me. Thank you for telling me."

We end the conversation around there. Im so proud of Kirigiri.

I go over to the police station to see Kokichi. I walk up to the visiting area and explain everything to him.

"Five years?! Promise not to forget me once that's up!" Kokichi put a hand through the hole in the glass and holds out his pinkie. "Pinkie promise." We both say.

~~~~~time skip 6 years later~~~~~
It's been a year since Kokichi got out of jail. The day he did, I took him out for dinner. "I missed you love." I said, taking his hand across the table.

"I missed you too." He says. I remove my hand, a new gift appearing on Kokichi's finger. A shiny silver band across his finger.

He stares down at it, in a loss for words. Kokichi's looks up at my smiling face. I'm trying to make a warm, greeting face anyways.

"Are you-?" Kokichi asks. I nod.

Kokichi looks back at the ring and smiles. "Yes."