Chapter 27

"Apparently the play writers think I'm an idiot who tells bad jokes about meat all the time," Sokka said as he chewed on jerky.

"Yeah you tell jokes about plenty of other topics," Suki said.

"I know!" He replied angrily taking another bite of the jerky.

"At least the Sokka actor kinda looks like you," Aang complained,"The woman playing the Avatar doesn't resemble me at all,"

"I don't know," Toph replied,"You are more in touch with your feminine side than most guys,"

Aang groaned loudly and stood up. 

"Relax Aang," Katara chimed in,"They're not accurate portrayals. It's not like I'm a preachy crybaby who can't resist giving overemotional speeches about hope all the time," The others blankly looked at her while I looked away before I said something I shouldn't say.

"What?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's not you at all," Aang sarcastically said sitting down again.

"Listen friends. It's obvious the playwright did his research. I know it must hurt but what you're seeing up there on that stage is the truth," Toph said.

"I'm not anti social," I said crossing my arms.

"No, you just prefer to stay quiet when the rest of us are talking and occasionally walk away unless you actually have something to say," Sokka said matter of factly.

"You want to hear what I have to say," I smiled. Sokka gulped inching into Suki as Kaito and Zuko held me back.

"No," Sokka breathed out,"No I don't,"

I sighed.

>>>

After the intermission we all walked back to our seats.

"Well, here we are in the Earth Kingdom," The Katara announced.

"I'd better have a look around to see if I can find an earth bending teacher,"

"Can I see too?" I asked as Zuko looked at the program sheet.

I moved closer as I read the time stamps, sighing because we still had over another hour or so to be here. Zuko rested his head on mine as we both just looked at the program sheet with an empty head no longer that interested in what was going on in the play.

"I flew all over town, but couldn't find a single earth bending master," The Aang actress announced.

"Here it comes," Toph said excitingly, leaning forward even though she can't see the stage from where we were.

"You can't find an earth bending master in the sky," A tall, very muscular man said lifting a rock,"You have to look underground,"

Zuko drops the program sheet out of shock, his mouth hung open as the rest of us bursts into laughter.

"Who are you?" 

"My name's Toph, because it sounds like tough, and that's just what I am,"

"Wait a minute. I sound like a guy," Toph said cleaning her ears,"A really buff guy."

"Thats because you are," Kaito said.

"Well, Toph, what you hear up there is the truth. It hurts, doesn't it?" Katara said.

"Are you kidding me?" Toph smiled widely,"I wouldn't have cast it any other way. At least it's not a flying bald lady,"

"At least Toph is happy," I hummed.

Aang frowned and looked away.

"So, you're blind?" The Aang asked waving her hand at the Toph's face.