Chapter 30

We all ended up going back to the beach house after a couple hours of searching. We just sat on the stairs waiting for Sokka to come back. 

"Judging by the looks on your faces I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang, either," Sokka said as he landed with Appa.

"No," Zuko replied,"It's like he just disappeared,"

"Hey!" Toph sat up,"Wait a minute has anyone noticed that Momo's missing too?"

"Everyones just now noticed that?" I asked as they all looked at me as if I was crazy.

"You didn't bother to say anything?" Kaito said as I held my hands up in defense.

"Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo!" Sokka said dramatically climbing into Appa's mouth,"Momo, I'm coming for you buddy,"

"Sokka," I sighed at my twin brothers idiocy. 

"Momo's probably with Aang," Katara said.

"That's just what Appa wants you to think," Sokka replied

"Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka!" Zuko demanded,"We have a real problem here, Aang, is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away,"

"What should we do, Zuko?" Katara asked, all of us turning out heads to him.

"I don't know," He replied and looked around before coming back to us who still kept eye contact with him,"Why are you all looking at me?"

"Well what have you been doing the past year?" I asked.

"Being an idiot," Zuko said plainly as I sighed.

"Yes but," I said,"You've also been good at tracking Aang,"

"Yea," Toph agreed,"If anyones has experience hunting the Avatar it's you,"

"So you got any ideas?" Kaito asked.

Zuko walked away, getting on Appa without saying another word. We all looked at each other before following him and taking off. 

"Zuko, I don't want to tell you how to do your job but why are we headed towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there," Sokka said confused.

"Just trust me," Zuko replied.

>>>

We arrived at an isolated tavern in the middle of no where. Inside cheers and the smell of heavy liquor boomed throughout the whole place. I softly covered one of my ears from the loud noises as we walked in. 

"And the reason you brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara asked.

"June," Zuko said pointed at the lady sitting in at the crowded table.

"Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with that giant mole!" Sokka said.

"Mole?" Kaito asked looking at the lady.

"She has this giant mole creature she rides around on," Sokka explained.

"A shirshu," I corrected.

"Ah," Kaito said understanding.

"It's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world. It's the one shot we have in finding him," Zuko added.

As we watched the brawl happening before us, June threw a man while gracefully catching her cup and sitting back down.

"I don't know who this June lady is but I like her!" Toph said with a big smile.

Kaito snickered at Toph's remark as we approached her.