7. Lorenzo

God she was beautiful, I had watched from the table as she stepped out of the car and walked towards the door. Her hair slightly flowing in the occasional breeze. The way Melody ran to her like Athena was an angel sent to save her. I had never looked at a woman like I did Athena, she gave me feelings no one else did, kiss her in a dark room kind of feelings. I could not stop thinking about her, and how badly I wanted her. She was a witty, smart, creative woman too. I could only hope she got the dress and other things I had bought her. Stepping into the car I had checked the "tag" Athena had told me she had fixed to be surprised by a message I had prayed for all this time. She wanted to go to dinner with me! She had actually said yes, and she had given me her number. I picked up the phone and called the number she had given me. It rang a bit before her beautiful voice hit me like a wave hitting the shore. "Hi." "Hi, did you get what I sent you!? I love the touch on my jacket by the way!", I replied. She giggled, "Oh, I'm glad you like it, it was the least I can do for having something spilled on it under my watch, turning you down when you asked me out the first time, and for being so close to the family I love most which I didn't know!" Why hasn't she said anything about the dress? Has she not seen it yet? "It's not a problem love, it could have been easily replaced. However, a goddess like you could not be replaced, which is why I'm so glad you took the chance to go dancing with the devil for the night. You won't regret it, I promise." "So, pick me up at 8 I guess, and thank you for the dress. You have no idea how much it means to me.", she said with a tone that made my stomach ripple. I never knew a woman could do that to me. "It was my pleasure." The line died and I fell into a world of a twisting stomach and crystalline eyes. I felt like I had just entered an alternative universe, like I had reached what I had always lacked. The day was falling into a cooler, deeper night signaling me to start getting ready for tonight. A perfectly trimmed suit, shoes, and a quick touch to my hair and I was ready. The anticipation was agonizing and as I stared at my watch it felt as though the little hand that counts the seconds was moving visibly slower each time my eyes met it. I walked out into the deep sunset and walked into the car. I decided the dark turquoise Bentley was a better car for the occasion. Pulling into the driveway of the manor my eyes locked on her figure standing down on me at the top of the entryway stairs. My jaw fell to my feet as I stared at her, speechless. A moment only ever seen in movies, something I had never felt before, or been exposed to, she was so beautiful. This feeling was something I lacked for so long, like the heart of stone I possessed was finally starting to set on fire again, like the years worth of ice was starting to melt and the years worth of cracks were just beginning to fill. I needed her, I thought I could fight away the curiosity, the interest, the constant glaring at her and her natural, raw beauty. I couldn't though, I can't. However, for once in my life I didn't want to be the tough guy, the one always putting on the facade of blankness, darkness, and power, for once I didn't want control, I didn't want to fight the feelings anymore. I wanted to rip out my battered, tortured soul that was once filled with joy, tenderness, and love and lay it at her feet. Let her tend to it, medicate it, nurture it, and reconstruct parts of it that went to battle and fell, let her take all of me and make me feel again.