twenty eight

BEAUTIFUL MESSchapter twenty eight

BEAUTIFUL MESS
chapter twenty eight.

HUNTER JOINED THE 118 IN exiting the ladder truck, watching her friend closely

HUNTER JOINED THE 118 IN exiting the ladder truck, watching her friend closely. The way his long sleeve was rolled up slightly, showing his forearms and tattoos was eye-catching. Hunter wore her LAFD pullover, she recently realized how comfortable it was and had taken to wearing it more often.

She had been back on the job for a few weeks now. However, today was Chimney's first day back and Hen was being, for a lack of better word, uptight. The blonde ignored the yelling of the man from inside of the armored van, electing to let Buck deal with it and instead followed the rest of her team members inside.

"Could be a nerve agent," Hunter heard Eddie say, causing her to back away from the witness she was talking to.

"Symptoms all line up," she said while looking around the bank, agreeing with her friend, "you'd have to run tests to know for sure."

"Alright," Cap sighed before telling Hen to back away from the man who was down in the vault. He then prepped his firefighters for the possible nerve agent, "no one in, and no one out."

Hunter did her best to the calm the panicking workers down who happened to be caught in the crossfire of an unfortunate event.

"Hen, Hen!" The blonde spun around as she heard the yelling of her friend's name. Hunter let out a mix between a gasp and groan as she watched the vault door slowly close behind the Wilson paramedic who had run into the room.

This was not the day for a catastrophe like this. Hunter had acquired hardly any sleep last night, opting to nurse a cup of coffee and bourbon rather than laying in bed. She had tried to fall asleep but as soon as she began to drift off, a dream would overtake her vision and often time it wasn't a good one. Donny and Lane held her thoughts the previous night, but for now, Hunter could only think about Hen.

Hunter stood by the vault door, looking around at the seal and hinges in hopes of finding a way to open it. Her Captain and others stood by the camera and tried to reach their favorite paramedic over the radio.