forty five

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty five.

Hunter sat on the counter of Buck's island as she sipped on her bottle of beer, reminiscing in the bitter taste she had grown to love

Hunter sat on the counter of Buck's island as she sipped on her bottle of beer, reminiscing in the bitter taste she had grown to love. Hunter's eyes were trained on both Buck and Eddie as they walked back towards the kitchen. The latter of the two held a confused expression as he asked, "So she shoots him then takes him back?" Buck nodded in response and Eddie let out a blow of air, "and I thought my marriage was complicated."

The blonde snorted in amusement at his words before shrugging, "eh, we've all been there."

Buck's eyes widened at her joke. To say he wasn't expecting it was an understatement. Eddie just looked over in confusion as something clicked in Hunter's brain, "Oh, right," she mumbled, remembering Eddie had yet to know that about her, "you're new here."

Buck shook his head at Eddie as if telling him not to question it. Eddie listened and moved on, "so how's your sister taking it?"

"Its, uh, it's kinda rough on her."

"Well, she thought she could save Tara from Vincent but now she's realizing you can't save someone if they are willing to be helped," Hunter shot him a somber look. She was worried about Maddie, after all they were friends and she cared about the eldest of the Buckley's.

Eddie nodded, "Ain't that the truth."

Buck looked down, sadness flashing over his eyes, "Especially if you aren't around to see that they need saving," Hunter and Eddie both let out a sigh, already knowing where this was going. While they may had forgiven Buck, he still had yet to forgive himself, "Look, I'm sorry I wasn't there, Eddie. You and Chris needed me, and I had my head so far up my own behind with that stupid lawsuit-"

"We're way past that, Buck."

"I'm not."

"Clearly, Buck," Hunter said while looking at the man who shot her a glare, "You're the only one still hung up on this."

"I- I should have been there. Maybe I could have...talked some sense into you."

"You talk sense into me? That would've been interesting."