book two, author's note

( BOOK ONE, CURRENT )

BEAUTIFUL MESS

Started + Published: 6.21.2022
Completed: 11.06.2022
Final Publication: 2.28.2023
Seasons 1 - 3

•••

( BOOK TWO )

LET YOU DOWN

LET YOU DOWN

Started: 11.07.2022
Published: 2.28.2023
Seasons 4 - 5

( EXTENDED SUMMARY )

"I know that you'll stay out of pure sympathy. There ain't no use in lovin' a let down like me. I'll let you down darlin', down babe. Just like times before. You'll just keep on crawin' back and beggin' me for more," - let you down, zach bryan

•••

Hunter Callahan had been with the 118 for nearly four years now and wouldn't change it for the world. Even after being dealt a hand full of bad cards, she still managed to find a place to call home that was filled with loving people.

Evan Buckley was more mild tempered and slightly less impulsive than the man he was when he first joined the 118. With a solid family for the first time in his life, he never felt better.

Despite the hatred that first flourished between the two hotheaded firefighters, they now formed a friendship that meant something to the both of them. Buck spent like forever waiting for the pretty blonde to come around and much to his gratitude, she finally did.

Repression was Hunter's heaven, but she'd rather go through hell. She still needed to face the hard times she had let go and heal herself from the things she had never felt. As new challenges surface from her time in service, she's faced with struggling between life and death.

•••

"there ain't much war when it's four thirty-four with the girl you were left back at that bar door. doin' one-oh-three feels so free. you don't miss the revelry do you? oh, jamie," ~ jamie, zach bryan

Author's Note:

it's still surreal that I've completed this book. It might not be the best but Beautiful Mess is single handily the best work I've ever put forward. And I've seen myself willingly write so consistently and generate a semi flowing plot. And compared to the work that I've put out in the past, to me, this is my masterpiece (I know it isn't in comparison to other stories). I don't think I can express how much I've made this story mean to myself. The hours and effort I've put in is like nothing I've done before.

I'm so excited for let you down, i think I'll be able to add in much more of a back story for Hunter and also use more of my own plots. I have a main antagonist in mind, although it only works for season four and half of five I think it'll be interesting. It will give me a chance to explore a much more creative side to my writing that I haven't used much. While the plot will stay mostly the same of 911, adding in Hunters own struggles will be good I believe.

It will also be different writing when Hunter and Buck have already admitted their feelings and have a baseline relationship set already. While I loved the enemies to friends to lovers, I want to explore their relationship so much more.

and also how many deaths do you think I can fit into one book?

then I would like for you guys to leave me
suggestions on what you would like to see in the
next book / upcoming seasons.