forty four

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty four.

"How are you feeling, darlin?" Hunter asked as she walked in next to Eddie at the start of their next twenty four hour shift

"How are you feeling, darlin?" Hunter asked as she walked in next to Eddie at the start of their next twenty four hour shift. She had been worse for wear before, her current state was nothing compared to her past. It did take a little bit of concealer and color corrector to hide her bruise on her cheek but it wouldn't last too long. And her shirt hid the rest.

"Well," He started with a knowing grin, "my back is a little sore."

"Oh really," Hunter said sarcastically, "that's funny, I was gonna say mine it too. Feels like someone dropped me on my spine or something."

Eddie faked a frown but let a little chuckle slip out, "huh, that's weird," but his joking tone dropped, "listen something happened after you left the other night-"

"Eddie Daiz does this have to do with the ambulances I pass-"

"I- I didn't fight. I saved a man, there at the ring. But Lena Bosko saw me and she thinks I almost killed this man-"

"Lena?" Hunter asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah-"

"No, no," Hunter said, pointing past Eddie at the girl, "Lena."

"Diaz," their captain called from above them. Eddie looked between the Nash and the Bosko with a look of betrayal. Hunter's eyes slightly widened as she started to back away, this was not her argument to involve herself in.

"You know, I gotta say, I'm more of an old school type of guy."

"Really? I would have never guessed that," Hunter sarcastically chimed in at Eddie's words while Buck just shook his head at their antics. The blonde was pleasantly surprised that Eddie was allowed to come on the call, whatever he had said to their captain must of gained sympathy.

"Dispatch, this is ambulance 118. We've hit a civilian vehicle at the intersection of West Olympic and Main. The vehicle driver is injured. Request assistance ASAP," Hunter's radio rang out with Chimney's voice. His words made a pit form in everyone's stomach.