forty one

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty one.

"Okay, listen up

"Okay, listen up. Last couple times we were here, mistakes were made," Captain Nash called out strongly to his firefighters. "That is not gonna happen again. That is why I am pairing you up on your assignments. Eddie, Hunt, you are on meats and deli. Nothing leaner than 92% Hen, Chimney, baking aisle. Unrefined flour this time. Thank you. Lena and I will cover fruits and vegetables."

Hunter shared a high five with Eddie as Bobby continued again, "Once you have everything on your list, we will reconvene at the dairy case. Let's move!"

Inside the store, Hunter and Eddie stood at the butcher and deli area. "So he just dropped the charges?" Hunter asked the man in reference to the guy he had hit. She couldn't blame him, the guy was asking for a fight but she did enjoy the look on Eddie's face as she bailed him out of jail.

"You disappointing?" He asked her with a laugh.

"I just gotta say I'm surprised," she admitted, "asshole like that woulda wanted to press charges."

It seemed Eddie just had incredible luck. Not even a ticket. Hunter wished she had that kind of luck when it came to the law enforcement. She could recount the numerous times her dad let her sit overnight and the deputy on duty wouldn't let her go without a guardian present.

"Apparently, that wasn't the guy's first illegal fight. And they weighed that against my service record..." Eddie trailed off with a smirk.

"Oh? So that Star Spangled ass gets a get out of jail free card?" she asked with a laugh as she lightly tapped his butt while he swatted her hand away with a jump.

"And anyway, that jackass' knee surgery was three years ago."

Hunter laughed at him, "Are we not letting it go? Because I can go beat him up too if you want. I just won't get caught."

Eddie shook his head with a smile, "It's just- he talked shit about Christopher and I just went off on him."

"Oh, I don't blame you," Hunter assured as she walked next to him, preparing to meet up with the rest of the shopping team, "just don't keep beating random people up, okay? That's my job."