Chapter One

Ebony's Pov
It felt like it was only yesterday when I had decided to start my journey here at the BAU. Many would say why would you join a job so depressing?  Profiling serial killers, having people boss you around, seeing death and never getting to see your family.

It was only natural to see the negative side, since that's what made the job. No one ever got to see the fun part of the job of the team cracking jokes, the team being more than a team more of a family.

Spending time with one another when you had been with them for weeks to come. Being a profiler was much more than the serial killers, it was helping people and feeling useful. I had first joined the BAU after one of their previous agents Elle had left over her own personal incidents. In that moment that was when I met Aaron Hotchner. A man who had more than my respect, he made me nervous just by being around me.

I respected my whole team, even though for the longest my name was the new girl. Not long another agent had joined my side Emily. What an agent she was. Soon I wasn't the only new girl, and long before I knew it I had been at the BAU for years it was my other family.

For years I had let my new found respect for Hotch grow into something it wasn't suppose to, watching him from his office while doing paper work. Morgan always laughing at me when he teased me walking by my desk. Oh how I should have banged my head against the desk for one he was married.

Well sadly the past tense was, since Haley's tragic death, Hotch hadn't been at the BAU needing time with his son and for his own grieving with the Foyet case.

A low groan left me pressing my palm into my cheek, using my free hand to twist at my twists in my hair a couple times, fluttering my eyes in place a couple times. I hope he is doing okay, no one can imagine what he is going through right now, not even me.

A low flick to my temple had me whining lifting my head up to watching Morgan, had slipped on his jacket sending a grin my way.

"Hey babycheeks. Wanna head to the bar with us? Think we all need a few drinks." I looked around to see everyone was gathering around, and picking up all their stuff. I gave Morgan's hands a gentle slap with amusement.

"Sure why not, let me get my stuff." I shut off my laptop sliding it into my go bag catching the last earful from him.

"Hotch also will be joining so put those curvy hips of yours to use." I choked on my laughter slapping at his arm, quickly getting tossed into a rough hug. I was then yanked towards his side, walking towards the elevator first with everyone else following behind.

"I regret telling you that I thought Hotch was hot."

"Yeah, yeah."

_____________________________
The usual bar was more crowded then usual. It was expected on a Saturday night, drink after drink was order by not just Morgan but by Emily and Reid as well. Everyone paying for drink after drink. It wasn't long before Morgan was dragged off for a dance, and I was on my seventh shot glass tipping it back quickly with a small hiss spinning around a few times around in my stool.

My jeans are feeling a little too tight tonight, might be a good time to call it a night and to go home and pass out tipsy. Being handed two more shot glasses by the bartender, I took them both calling out a thank you, sliding off the stool a little spin on my shoes. I moved just in time as the figure brushed passed and stood in front of me.

"Oh hello sir." I greeted him with a shy chuckle, seeing his shocked face for a moment before he relaxed to his usual stoic face. He sent a soft side smile my way.

"Hello Ebony, you can call me Aaron we are out and about, don't be so formal." I gave him another smile handing him over the other glass to which he took our fingers touching, for only a moment it was enough for me to feel the heat from his body.

"Well uhm cheers Aaron." I chuckled clicking our glasses together we took a quick drink with one another. That one really went through me all at once. Sitting down next to Aaron, we talked quietly with one another.

I truly was wondering if he was drunk, seeing as his face was flushed a little and the light laughter that was leaving him, he was cracking some of the silliest jokes I had ever heard. Maybe it was needed to numb a little bit of the feeling he was feeling.

"You know Ebony. You are a really beautiful girl, I've known that since our first interview." I cleared my throat quickly with a chuckle taking a sip from the water I was drinking glancing back at him.

"Well thank you sir... You aren't so bad yourself and here you always call yourself old." I teased him seeing him smile again, shaking his head a couple times.  He moved closer to me leaning in, just for his breath to hit my ear and arm to slide over my upper back.

"How about we get out of here yeah?" I could feel my own heat tearing through my body, tilting my head up to gaze into his hazy eyes. Deep down inside me, I knew it was a stupid idea before the other thoughts of me took over, nodding at him quickly.

He helped me off the stool, setting down a few bills for the bartender. He took my hand in his own lacing it, slipping through the crowd with me right out the front door of the bar.