Chapter Seven

Aaron's Pov
Case after case was flown over everyone head in no time. I could tell everyone was getting agitated with all the paper work being thrown at all of us from every angle. I too was fed up, once one report was finished, I had another pile joining, I was at least grateful I was getting home more earlier to Jack when needed.

We had already flown out for another case, this was one of of those few rare ones that had female serial killers. The last one to date that I could clearly remember that was like this was when that women was killing business men. This case was similar to that.

I trusted all my agents. I had known them for years even Ebony, watching her from where me and Reid were going over more details of the case, I had notice Ebony had been more reserved for a good three months. I always made it my number rule not to profile anyone on the team, it was everyone's rule, it was worrying though.

Ebony was the little sunshine mixed in with Garcia. Yet she seemed always tired, irradiated. She never wanted team time anymore, always asking to have a room to herself. It could be many many things, I was gonna have to have one on one with her.

She was the few people in my life that made me uncharacteristically shy, her eyes were round with kindness and compassion for others, always lining those eyes of her with light eye liner. She was a more plush bigger girl, but she was always beautiful no matter what she wore.

When she was fairly new she use to be so jumpy and nervous around me, I do believe she was scared beyond compared of me. I just hope everything is alright with her.

_____________________________
Ebony's Pov
Decaf has to be the worse fucking coffee in the world, there's no caffeine! So what was the point if you weren't jumping off walls. I tossed away my empty cup into the trash watching as one of the many phones we had set up for the phone line rang, Aaron going over to answer it, with Garcia tracing the call back at Quantico.

"I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. You seem to know my name and Agent Long's name, but I don't know yours?" He always could keep his cool it was admirable.

"Yes I know Agent Long's name. Funny she's really beautiful for a bigger woman." I scowled in annoyance, running my hand loosely through the curls of my hair. Yes I was in month three of the pregnancy which meant I was starting to gain weight which mean, more clothes for me. I soon was gonna wear as many maternity dresses that I could wear.

"Little bitch." I grumbled out getting a small chuckle and shove from Morgan.

"Don't listen to her, she just wants to get under your skin." He told me sternly.

"How am I a whore?" I wasn't expecting those words to leave Aaron's mouth, he said it with such a serious face and tone I was this close to bursting out laughing. I did the very next best thing, I snorted another breath, as well as saved by my phone going off in my jacket pocket. Aaron Hotchner a whore? Never in a million years he's married to the job.

"Gotta take this." I said holding back the light snicker under my breath slipping out of the room, knowing I was gonna laugh, I went outside the police station making sure no one was around before sitting on the bench listening to my mother's loud exclaims.

"Ebony Long! You promised me you were gonna quit that job at the BAU now so you can focus on you and that bean." I held back a soft chuckle looking down at the surface of my shoes.

"I know mom, it's just taking a little longer than I would like. I'm doing fine." I laughed gently lifting my free hand up to strike at my temple.

"No it's not okay, I'm worried about you. One wrong shoot out and it can hit you in your gut." I relaxed into the warmth of the bench looking up at the sky with ease.

"Yeah I know..." All I had told my mom was I was pregnant from a one night stand, nothing more and nothing less was shared, she questioned who the father was continually, yet I never spoke out.

"I won't be rushing in to do those things mom. You have nothing to worry about. I am happy you call to check in on me though." Her many rambles started up once again, before she told me to be safe. I placed my phone into the stretchy pockets of my work pants, placing my hands to rest under my lap firmly under the warmth of the growing bump.

This was so exciting yet nerve wracking at the same time. Taking the time to have some and be alone with my thoughts I almost had fallen asleep right then and there with my hands resting under my blouse moving my hands I looked over my shoulder smiling at Aaron.

"Oh hey Aaron, sorry I was gonna start laughing and came out here. It was unprofessional but her calling you a whore made me giggle." The loudest snort left the older male as he sat besides me. I made sure we both had room from one another.

"No I understand I've only ever been called that one other time on a case. It's actually refreshing to see you have emotions rather than snapping at people. You've been moody Ebony." I looked away again, clearing my throat.

"I have? I haven't noticed and I deeply apologize my sleep is just so messed up." I apologized my excuse out, seeing his eyes still watching me gently, before he rubbed at my arm a few times.

"You know I'm here for you, so is the team, if anything ever is bothering you, my office door is open, if you need it away from work. We can go get some lunch or something. Maybe you can come with me to take Jack out for ice cream." I gave him a thankful smile placing my hand over his. Gosh my heart must be beating a mile away.

"That sounds lovely Aaron, thank you." Another faint smile left him, his palm rubbing over my shoulder with ease.

"Anytime Ebony."