♚3. REVELATION

❝You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. - Maya Angelou

J o r d y n T a m e

  I FOLD THE shirt in my hand with ease before taking a look at my mom who was folding a pair of my jeans.

"I'm going to really miss you, mom." I whisper as I walk over to hug her after she had finished helping me pack my bags.

   Tears streamed down my eyes as I tightened my grip. All these years we wasted. We were fighting, fighting all the time. I took her for granted and now our time was limited.

My father was downstairs trying to entertain the guards and among them was Lexis

    Rule 45: We must welcome members of the supernatural into our homes without hesitation.

   Just imagining the mystery named Lexis sitting in my living room brought strange chills to my body.

My mom kissed my forehead as she sighs. "Lexis' pack allows visitors, so be expecting us." My mother says while trying her best to make light of the situation.

"Jordie! They need you downstairs. We have things to discuss." My father calls from downstairs.

    I couldn't help but smile at my dad's nickname for me. I've been hearing that all my life.

My mom nods at me. "You go down, sweetheart. I'll get your stuff together." My mom encourages.

   I take a deep breath before looking at my reflection in the mirror right next to my door. I wipe the tears out of my eyes. My hair wasn't in its usual style but instead in a ponytail. I wore a simple sweater with my favorite jeans and flats. I nodded at my reflection before heading out my door and down the stairs.

    My breath hitched as I entered our living room. All the guards were in their usual stance but Lexis was sitting down. His eyes were fixated on me so intensely. His stare gave me goosebumps and I tried my hardest to ignore the sensation.