♚5. SHADOW

"You're either in or you're out

"You're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between." - Pat Riley

J o r d y n T a m e

FOR A MOMENT, I almost forgot where I was when I woke up.

   The sounds of a roaring vacuum enter my ears causing me to groan. I flutter my eyes open to see two maids cleaning my room. I thought I had locked the damn door.

"You see! Isabella, you woke the girl." A maid with strawberry blonde hair says pointing to me. Her chocolate eyes looking over to her friend.

The other maid; Isabella looks over at me before turning to her companion. "Does it matter? It's 11:58 AM already. I did the girl a favor." She sasses.

  I frown and groan again as the strawberry haired maid opens my curtains exposing me to the light.

"I'm sorry, pumpkin." She soothes. "Isabella is right. You have to get up now. There is a guard outside the door waiting for you."

I sigh in annoyance. "What does he want?" I question.

"He said something about the Alpha wanting to meet with you this morning. I believe for brunch. We were instructed to wake you up as soon as possible but-"

"Yuri over here saw you sleeping and said you reminded her of a cute little cat taking a nap." Isabella intervenes in annoyance.

Yuri blushes as if embarrassed. Her brown eyes lighting up. "You looked just like my kitten JuJu. I couldn't wake you. So we agreed to give you five more minutes." Yuri explains causing me to chuckle.

"You mean you agreed to give her five minutes. I didn't give a damn. I just wanted to get our job done." Isabella sasses once again.

These two were quite the characters.

"I thought the supernatural despised cats..." I question stretching and hopping off of the soft bed.

    It was what we learned during the supernatural studies in junior high. I remember hating learning about the supernatural union but I must admit it got quite interesting at times.

Yuri chuckles lightly. "Isabella and I are mortals." She says causing me to nod to myself.

   That explained a lot. I should have known from their jobs. One wouldn't catch anyone from the supernatural union cleaning after humans or other immortals. Suddenly a hard knock on the door was heard causing me to flinch at myself while staring in the small mirror next to my dresser.

"Jordyn, Alpha Lexis isn't the most patient guy in the world. So hurry up, would you?" A familiar voice spat out.

I give Yuri and Isabella a look before looking around the room in search of my bags.