♚43. US

"Everything You've Ever Wanted Is On The Other Side Of Fear

"Everything You've Ever Wanted Is On The Other Side Of Fear."- George Addair

J o r d y n T a m e

MY EYES SNAPPED open spontaneously as if I had been awaken from a deep slumber. I was wrapped up in a white, cotton, sheet and my head rested on a pillow.

I flinched taken back at my new setting. What was I doing here? Who brought me here?

   My clothes clung to my skin due to them still being damp from my plunge into the waters which felt like none other than a dream at this very moment.

    I got up from a cushion which my body laid on and looked around. I was in a small hut with empty, broken glasses scattered around the place and old broken chairs placed in a corner.

   My breathing started to quicken as I couldn't come to any form of reasoning to how I got here.

   Footsteps that came from a closed room adjacent to me indicated to me that someone was here with me. Instantly, I looked for a way out of the shady place and sighed when I saw a crooked door left open; the cold air of the west getting inside.

I did what my instinctual set up told me to do.

I fled.

   I ran as fast as my tired legs could, and after a few minutes, I stopped, instantly falling to my knees

   I ran as fast as my tired legs could, and after a few minutes, I stopped, instantly falling to my knees. I sighed looking around the quiet forest.

   Whoever was in the hut with me must have not come after me. Maybe they weren't even a threat?

   I chastised myself for thinking so naively and got up from my knees but my body was too tired to run any further.

   I had gain some energy soon or I wouldn't be able to make it back to the east to search for the beach house.

"You're tired. You should have continued resting." A calm voice said from behind me.